• Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 11,704

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Just got a call back. The guy told me that there is only one plan costing 430 rupees. And I cannot get the 99 rupee addon on it so I should stay on the combo plan. So basically, he was tell me to apply for a disconnection to talk to the retention team.

He also went ahead and told me that I would need to apply for a new connection because they cannot turn off the internet part of my current plan. Freaks.

Since Den has indicated that they can give me a static ip, I am going to apply for disconnection today probably. Dad is not going to be amused that I would get the landline disconnected. Maybe I can take a BSNL connection for landline? Sigh.

See if you can act this smart......

Airtel has extended the Unlimited Voice calls offer to every Broadband plan

I live in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. The name of the plan is Fast 450: 4 Mbps till 5 GB at Rs. 450. But I have made them provide me some discounts and components. Rs. 200 lifetime discount, Online promo discount of Rs. 100 on DSL for 5 months (which I make them renew every 5 months), 30GB zero-rental Airtel Surprise top-up, 5 GB Identification/Retention component. So, it's 4 Mbps till 40 GB at Rs. 150, and extra Rs. 49 for local calling top-up.

I had Static IP opted till June 2016 for FUP-free Internet, but my usage went lower than 40 GB over the time, so I removed it.
#12Divy Dubey,Jan 12, 2017

mhsabir, it's 45 GB now, I have bundled a DTH connection with my broadband. And yes, it's FUP-unlimited post 45 GB. Infact all plans are FUP-unlimited after high speed data limit. Hard to believe, lol?
#14Divy Dubey,Jan 18, 2017

You r currently on 699+99 plan , airtel would offer you 300buck discount on retention easily and if you bargain more then 400 so
699+99-300 or 400 +15% = 460-575 which include BB+landline.
Or if you get good jio reception then better wait for jio plans tomorrow & port your dad main no to Jio.

Or port your dad no to Airtel use 345 recharge for unlimited calls after 3 months airtel would give same unlimited calls in 299 with 1.25GB family share data can be use in 4 other Airtel's sim.
I did same. Dad uses Airtel unlimited calls and we share data among other sims.

Idea (Bangalore ) has unlimited calling for 349 + tax. Also has 1 gb data free. If you port in from any other operator, you may be able to get better offers.

You r currently on 699+99 plan , airtel would offer you 300buck discount on retention easily and if you bargain more then 400 so
699+99-300 or 400 +15% = 460-575 which include BB+landline.
Or if you get good jio reception then better wait for jio plans tomorrow & port your dad main no to Jio.

Or port your dad no to Airtel use 345 recharge for unlimited calls after 3 months airtel would give same unlimited calls in 299 with 1.25GB family share data can be use in 4 other Airtel's sim.
I did same. Dad uses Airtel unlimited calls and we share data among other sims.
I talked retention. They don't offer discounts on 699+99 except
₹50 lifetime discount.

@igloo So, Are you going to request for the same discount after 6 months by threatening them of disconnection? 😀

Also, Are you taking any kind of smartbytes or data pack monthly?

I think Airtel BB is pending tariff review as jio prime recharge are cheaper which may happen in next 4-5months.

As i m getting prime for jiofi2 device with 499 recharge + (this Airtel BB with 19GB + 50GB addon).

I'll try to use Jio 499 2GB/day for most of needs and see how much is used by family members on airtel & accordingly get addon deactivated.

yup. i was told that the cheapest landline plan was 699 and it did not even have unlimited calling. lol. i am sure by six months, landline plans should become cheaper. if not, i would dump airtel.

Hello from 'the same boat'.
I am moving to another place where Airtel provides just 2Mbps plan. I should disconnect Airtel, but I am using unlimited voice calling feature. I have also invested in Cordless Landline phone set. Even if I get Broadband from another company, I may want to keep Airtel for unlimited calling and backup internet connection. Same as Sushubh's case!!

What minimum rental I can have with Airtel?

Currently I have following plan:
1299 Rental for Airtel-UL-Zoom 1299 75GB COMBO
200 VDSL Modem Rental
75GB plan data
5 GB Airtel MyHome data
5 GB Airtel Surprise data
15 GB Retention data

best is to get the cheapest broadband plan.
apply for disconnection.
get the retention department.
get them to offer 50% discount.
win.

i am supposed to get the same 50% discount on my next bill for the next six months. remains to be seen.