ABS Broadband in Gurugram (Powered by Den)

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I can only assume a rebranded local player because there is also branding of DEN Broadband on the brochure. Plans are pointless in comparison to Excitel. Found the brochure at my place few minutes ago.

vbUuE4Q.jpg

Let the cable cutting competition begin 😛

Right. That is another concern. It's not like Den would have done underground wiring.

It's den boomband only, ABS is just your local arm doing business. It's on docsis tech so way more reliable than Excitel as even their pole to pole wiring is done in a very systematic manner.

don't know about that.....

My Excitel connection wire comes directly from junction box which has fibre as input..... and as you point out..... it(DEN) might have lower U/L speed then....

Price wise also you are almost paying double for FUPéd 100Gb@20Mbps...

Last edited:
I suppose it could be a good backup option. I can dump airtel broadband and use it solely for landline assuming they have a reasonably priced plan for just landline.

Hathway/Den/Siti all use costly docsis 3.0 tech same used by comcast/charter in USA.
What I have seen wiring done from pole to pole is way better on these with proper naming of each pole box and clipping of wires around box.
Looks more professional and less change of wire cluttering. Seems like they award of laying cable to some professional Cisco-franchised co.

Upload is a limitation in docsis but not like adsl. All I am saying is it's an alternative to consider if excitel is giving you some problems here n there.

excitel has been stable enough to get me to remove airtel from my load balancer. but because my dad gets kind of annoying if net goes down, i have to keep a backup connection. i have been thinking about getting airtel 4g modem with prepaid connection. but airtel landline comes handy as well. kind of a hard decision. because knowing airtel, i doubt i would be able to get a cheap landline plan. and i believe docsis modems are quite pricey?

Pricey if you buy from open market becoz of zero demand. installation is free with Den if you pay 2 month adv rental.

They give some chinese modem+wifi inbuilt you can disable wifi though.

Pricey if you buy from open market becoz of zero demand. installation is free with Den if you pay 2 month adv rental.

They give some chinese modem+wifi inbuilt you can disable wifi though.

SitiCable gives very nice Cisco WiFi Modem without any installation charges...

@Sushubh Do share if you come across VFM only LL plan from Airtel.....

would call tomorrow. now need to find out landline only plans from airtel.
They are charging Rs. 599 plus taxes in Chennai for landline only. Includes unlimited local and STD calls.

i would be ok with that honestly. just realized that i would be needing a static ip for cctv. i get that on airtel. not sure about den boomband. excitel seems to have no plans to give static. would check tomorrow. i wonder if the local guy would have any info on static ip.

Yeah, chances are slim considering ipv4 shortage. I also heard the rental for unlimited landline could fall further in coming days. Thanks to Jio.