ABS Broadband in Gurugram (Powered by Den)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I can only assume a rebranded local player because there is also branding of DEN Broadband on the brochure. Plans are pointless in comparison to Excitel. Found the brochure at my place few minutes ago.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Right. That is another concern. It's not like Den would have done underground wiring.

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
It's den boomband only, ABS is just your local arm doing business. It's on docsis tech so way more reliable than Excitel as even their pole to pole wiring is done in a very systematic manner.

Reactions: Sushubh

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
don't know about that.....

My Excitel connection wire comes directly from junction box which has fibre as input..... and as you point out..... it(DEN) might have lower U/L speed then....

Price wise also you are almost paying double for FUPéd 100Gb@20Mbps...

Last edited:

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
I suppose it could be a good backup option. I can dump airtel broadband and use it solely for landline assuming they have a reasonably priced plan for just landline.

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
Hathway/Den/Siti all use costly docsis 3.0 tech same used by comcast/charter in USA.
What I have seen wiring done from pole to pole is way better on these with proper naming of each pole box and clipping of wires around box.
Looks more professional and less change of wire cluttering. Seems like they award of laying cable to some professional cisco-franchised co.

Upload is a limitation in docsis but not like adsl. All I am saying is it's an alternative to consider if excitel is giving you some problems here n there.

Reactions: ajgamer

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
excitel has been stable enough to get me to remove airtel from my load balancer. but because my dad gets kind of annoying if net goes down, i have to keep a backup connection. i have been thinking about getting airtel 4g modem with prepaid connection. but airtel landline comes handy as well. kind of a hard decision. because knowing airtel, i doubt i would be able to get a cheap landline plan. and i believe docsis modems are quite pricey?

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
Pricey if you buy from open market becoz of zero demand. installation is free with Den if you pay 2 month adv rental.

They give some chinese modem+wifi inbuilt you can disable wifi though.