Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,401
@Adidam Yesterday technician changed tag at MDF. Looks better now. I will monitor for 2 days and confirm issue is fixed or not

@tech_bng Looking forward to hear from you.

May I know, What is MDF (Please explain in detail)?

All wires from the customers houses are combined into a single/multiple "fat" wire(s), the MDF or Main Distribution Frame is installed at the Airtel exchange, its the point where the fat wire coming in is split back to its individual pairs before going to the DSLAM.

@Adidam. The disconnections reduced to 5.. earlier it was around 10 to 15. More over in day time..it is much stable hardly 1 or 2 disconnects. I have still beetel 777VR1 modem. There is no hauwei modem stock. Anyway it is backup..no worries for me.

@tech_bng Could you confirm me if they changed the wire from exchange to DP or DP to Home?

Please tell me in detail.

@Adidam, they changed only tag at the MDF. I think MDF is 3 or 4 roads far from home.They didn't change wire from exchange to DP and DP to Home. By the way, how is internet stability with Hauwei modem ?

@Adidam Net disconnects 5 times a day. I have asked appellate to provide hauwei modem. They don't have stock in hyderabad. Lets see how it goes. Is your net 100 % up and stable?

@tech_bng No, I might disconnect the connection or move to ADSL 8 MBPS/16MBPS. I have stopped dreaming about good service and high speed from Airtel.

If they are still planning to sell their scam on same telephone lines and not moving to Fiber. I must say we as a customer should give them answer.

Obsolete technology/wiring for premium pricing. Big time for Airtel with enough of their scamming.

Just waiting for Jio to come and then you will see how they would move to full fiber 🙂

My area's wiring is 13 years old. (exchange to DP)

Wiring they use from DP to Home is like you can't even rely on that to do suicide. (Can cut because of little harsh winds).

Too much of pathetic practice.

Sunil Mittal to his stupid team: Sasta aur tikao maal laker do....jisse aur logo ko pagal bnaya jaye.....akhri kuch mahine bache hai 😛

*Jio will f@ck my ass in Broadband/Telecom too*

Last edited by a moderator: