Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,489
try main-line -- >> Peach colored box ----> RJ 11 to Modem

although it seems like you're losing dsl sync itself which is not good. you could try a firmware update if there is one available but changing over to Huawei seems like your best bet for now.

@waterloo_sunset could you screenshot your stats?

7a4f66673d2e4fbb881034a57207ff70.png

@igloo if you could check the previous messages and recommend something? Your advice is important as other's 🙂

Thank you.

@waterloo_sunset I know an engg. he told me about the fault of Beetel first hand only. Beetel's VDSL Modem is infamously having "LINK DROP" issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now link was dropped and connected again. (disconnected)

why not register a complaint with 198 and let Airtel handle it first?
Suggest them a modem change when engineer visit.
Stats looks good to me.

I also have Beetel 777VR1 ..... had same issue with this modem when i enabled G.INP
can u check if G.INP is enabled or disabled on your modem ?.. (to check if enabled or disabled click on setup -->WAN-->DSL--> DSL Modulation: G.INP ) .... if enabled try to disable it and check if u can get stable connection ?

and also enable logs so u can know why its getting disconnected and how many times your WAN got disconnected ( to enable logs click on maintenance --> Log ->Log-> check Error and Notice than click apply changes )

why not register a complaint with 198 and let Airtel handle it first?
Suggest them a modem change when engineer visit.
Stats looks good to me.
Okay. Well, engg is not changing the modem.

I also have Beetel 777VR1 ..... had same issue with this modem when i enabled G.INP
can u check if G.INP is enabled or disabled on your modem ?.. (to check if enabled or disabled click on setup -->WAN-->DSL--> DSL Modulation: G.INP ) .... if enabled try to disable it and check if u can get stable connection ?

and also enable logs so u can know why its getting disconnected and how many times your WAN got disconnected ( to enable logs click on maintenance --> Log ->Log-> check Error and Notice than click apply changes )

Hi,

Do you have stable connection (no link drop at once) after disabling G.INP?

My G.INP is already disabled.

Below are the settings of DSL Page.

Ss8CwCr.png

Okay, I have enabled the log as well.

G.INP is vectoring (noise cancellation) and it is enabled by default for me. That explains why you're syncing at 60 Mbps even though loop length is <500.

I have Airtel VFiber as well. I am at a distance of around 1.5 Km from the DSL switch. This distance was verified and tested by a special Airtel troubleshooting team.
I have the Huawei modem and the connection has not had any issues for the past 2 months. My SNR ranges from 6.5 to 8 and is mostly around the 6.5 mark for both downstream and upstream. The downstream sync rates I get are between 26 to 28k while the upstream fluctuates between 2 to 4k. Max speed I get is around 28 Mbps down and 3-4 Mbps up. Most of the time, my speed hovers around 26 Mbps mark.

Even though I am disappointed not to be getting the full 40 Mbps speed, it is still a great improvement over the 16 Mbps ADSL. The pings are much faster at 4 to 7 ms and they sometimes go as low as 1 ms. I am really jealous of people with 100k sync speeds here!

G.INP is vectoring (noise cancellation) and it is enabled by default for me. That explains why you're syncing at 60 Mbps even though loop length is <500.

According to Google Maps (by road) from Exchange to My home it's less than 500 m (walking distance from multiple paths. (though I am doubtful if the loop length shown in the modem's stat page is correct).

If it's 500 m or less than then why it's 60K sync?

Okay, On your advice I have enabled G.INP. My modem is connected right now. I don't know how it would perform in future.

I am noticing one very stupid thing since I have VDSL installed is that, Upstream parameters (SNR, Speed, Attainable Rate) are high when link is established first time....but over the time it would drop too much.

You can check stats over here: Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

By the way, After enabling G.INP here are my stats:

e541ae2a396442a496fe732f10e51d8f.png

3f87267c932b4b328dfcca9083450c6a.png

336ac888f8564cc7b2fd7e2db76bc46f.png

Update:
Upstream SNR is dropped from 6.2 to 4.7 and Max attainable Up is dropped from 26K to 24K in few minutes after restart.

I don't know, Why it is dropping too much.

Could you share your full settings and full stats and info?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 2: Upstream SNR: 3.3 and Max. attainable Up: 22182 (After 13 minutes of restart).

Update 3: Upstream SNR: 2.6 and Max. attainable Up: 21397 (After 23 minutes of restart).