Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,483
@CutestDevil under Local Network>DHCP Server set dns servers 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Under Advanced>DNS select set manually and again enter 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Disconnect and reconnect wifi and check if it happens again. If all else fails set a static IP on your phone/laptop and monitor. Also update wlan drivers if any.

@waterloo_sunset thanks for your reply, i was already been using google dns servers, now what i did was ,again set up wifi mode to B,G and channel to auto and have set static ip on laptop,so far no issues till now..lets see how long it goes... the most strange thing is this whole ordeal is i dont face a single issue on mobile or tablet irrespective of any setting in router,only issues in laptop,i am also using latest drivers for Wlan...the sad part is that i can't configure most of the advanced vdsl settings because of auto-updated airtel firmware :/,they have restricted those settings

@CutestDevil under Local Network>DHCP Server set dns servers 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Under Advanced>DNS select set manually and again enter 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Disconnect and reconnect wifi and check if it happens again. If all else fails set a static IP on your phone/laptop and monitor. Also update wlan drivers if any.

Again same issue,unfortunately nothing seems to work..seems like i have to live with it,its quite frustrating experience,airtel not ready to change router as well,the only setting with which i can use it for long without any issue is channel 9 and b,g wifi

@CutestDevil that sounds more like a driver bug or incompatibility with D-Link 224...i face a similar issue with my laptop only with jiofi the wifi adapter gets disabled on it's own with a red cross but the other laptops/phones in the house are unaffected and the same laptop works just fine on the home wifi so go figure

@waterloo_sunset , yes kind of same here, this same wifi connection works fine on my mobile and tablets..even when connected directly through ethernet port - i face no issue at all... not able to figure out whats wrong ,when i check connection stats in router,it shows upstream errors when this happens, even right now it shows -
Up Stream FEC Errors 17817

My Huawei modem is no longer able to hold the sync for more than 10 minutes. I've been offered Beetle 777VR1 as replacement. I told them to give me a D-Link or anything other than Beetle/Binatone instead but it looks like they don't offer them in my area anymore. How's the 777VR1 working out for you guys? Can I go for it or should I wait for them to restock D-Link/Huawei?

777VR1 works great for me. No problems since the last 2 months. I don't think Huawei/D-Link would be back in stock again as they prove to be costly for them over their in house production(beetel/binatone). They were there till the time their inhouse productions didn't had much supplies.

My Huawei modem is no longer able to hold the sync for more than 10 minutes. I've been offered Beetle 777VR1 as replacement. I told them to give me a D-Link or anything other than Beetle/Binatone instead but it looks like they don't offer them in my area anymore. How's the 777VR1 working out for you guys? Can I go for it or should I wait for them to restock D-Link/Huawei?
the D-Link has better wifi range but other than that could not find much of a difference

@manojrk my Huawei conked off after 9 months and after trying out binatone and experiencing packet loss i got them to give me a D-Link which performed a lil better but issue persisted (crc errors rapid increment after approx 2 days of uptime).

Source

i was finally able to get my hands on another huawei last week and the connection has been rock solid ever since

So Guys should I move to V-fiber or better to stay with ADSL(8Mbps)? because after hearing so many bad connection stories I dont want to tbh 🙁
I think it is better to have a stable 8mbps connection than an unstable 16Mbps (yep 16Mbps is what they are providing me on v-fiber)

i am not upgrading because they are not offering the router for free to me (i did not haggle much) plus vfiber speeds are restricted to 16mbps in my lane and i am only using airtel for landline and cctv so data and speed does not matter to me anymore. i am pretty happy with 599-150+99 plan. the new plans are quite nice so i might upgrade if i dump one of the two other connections i am using for internet (excitel and abs).

but i did get the connection upgraded to vdsl for two of my uncles as both were stuck on 2-4mbps plans. they are both happy with increased speeds. in janakpuri area, airtel router takes 3-4 minutes to get a stable connection. uncle said that some days it does not get online for 20-30 minutes (lol). local engineer advised him to keep the router on permanently to get around this issue. on adsl he only turned on the router when he wanted to use internet. similar issues with the second uncle. he also now keeps his router on 24x7 to get around the connection issue at router boot. god knows if this is a localized problem or widespread.

since both are casual users, i am not in position to comment on connection stability through the day. they are not heavy users so they do not notice any small downtimes that might be happening on their connections.

So Guys should I move to V-fiber or better to stay with ADSL(8Mbps)? because after hearing so many bad connection stories I dont want to tbh 🙁
I think it is better to have a stable 8mbps connection than an unstable 16Mbps (yep 16Mbps is what they are providing me on v-fiber)
Keep it ADSL if your ADSL is stable.

Only upside of VDSL is better Ping and improved Upload.

If you require higher speed maybe it's worth a try. Initially when I had 16mpbs VFiber I have having frequent speed drops but after few weeks they upgraded for free to 20mbps and now it is much better. (Airtel says it is 24mbps but I am getting only about 20mbps)