Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,447
TEll me the router model with a details link ..plzzz

I bought this for Rs. 2590, guess the prices have shooted up

In your modem, select Basic on the left, LAN under that, should default to DHCPv4 server, under where it says DHCP server, you should see Primary and secondary DNS, change those to the Google DNS IPs.

So my Huawei router is on its last legs. It worked well for 9-10 months but now the wifi signal randomly disappears and takes 5-10 mins to recover sometimes or a restart. Tried everything from firmware upgrade to factory reset but the issue persists. Lodged a complaint and got a call back from an engineer. I categorically told him I want a huawei or D-Link but he says they have not been in stock since 3 months. He said he got a binatone from the store and now I'm dreading the link issues reported in this thread.

@waterloo_sunset is that link drop issue or wifi signal issue? I'm not really sure what you sound here.
My Huawei had an issue with intermittent wifi signal loss; the VDSL link itself was stable. Got a binatone as replacement and though there is a definite improvement in wifi signal range, i'm worried about vdsl link issues. I told the engineer i will hold on to the huawei for 2-3 days while i monitor the link and asked him to keep a look out for a huawei or D-Link router.

Has Airtel started setting up different sync rates across same plans? I am on 40mbps and my sync rates are 45000/9999 instead of 65000 that i see majorly across users here. While performing the speed test, the speed opens at 32-34mbps and then crawls to 41mbps in 1-2 secs. Shouldn't it open at 43-44mbps and then settle down at 40mbps? How about others?

Nope. It seems they have capped the sync rates to 45000/9999 for everyone on 40 Mbps. I tried to make them increase mine but they were unwilling and claimed these changes are usually applied to whole circle, to increase link stability.

Definitely below 40 Mbps. Sometimes It's only 36 - 37 Mbps because of the cap. I used to get a consistent 50 Mbps when downstream rate was 65000.

My Huawei had an issue with intermittent wifi signal loss; the VDSL link itself was stable. Got a binatone as replacement and though there is a definite improvement in wifi signal range, i'm worried about vdsl link issues. I told the engineer i will hold on to the huawei for 2-3 days while i monitor the link and asked him to keep a look out for a huawei or D-Link router.
3 days later browsing slowed down to a crawl on the binatone...noticed heavy packet loss (25%)...tried disabling and re-enabling only the wifi...disconnected and reconnected pppoe session but ultimately had to reboot the router to get it working again. The airtel guy says a reboot is required every 48 hrs which is absurd.

Hello guyz,anybody have idea where i can get firmware for D-Link DSL-224 modem ? I had AT 1.11 firmware and it was working fine and now airtel updated my router firmware remotely now i am having link drop issues.