Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,449
@tech_bng Thank you for the input. The MTU on modem is 1400. Also when I try to ping the maximum length for which reply is received is 1372. What should be the setting?

Update on my issue.

Airtel has changed the modem to D-Link. Now my VPN connection seems to be fine.

Still the issue is not known with Beetle 777vr1.

Ys7bTCc.png

I just noticed there were almost 2.7 Billion FEC errors in the last 24 hours, quite possible due to high sync rates. Anyway this is a new record XD

The frequent disconnection problem started again. Field rep claims UG cables are faulty and it might take a week or two for them fix it 😕

Very wrong. Exchange to Home effects the SNR.

umm actually exchange to home distance will affect attenuation and SNR both .

Attenuation is the reduction is signal quality or drop in signal as it reaches your home from the point where the signal converts from fiber to copper in case of VDSL (DSLAM in the exchange case of ADSL) . The farther you are away, the more attenuated your line will be and the lesser will be your speed.

SNR is signal to noise ratio (in some cases SNR margin) which is the ratio of the signal versus the background noise in the line. The farther you are away, the more chances you have of electromagnetic interference increasing the noise in the line.

4 days ago new engineer visited my home for the dsl line drop issue.
I had no faith in him coz previous 4 visitis of other engineer had no sucess, but i let this guy do his things coz it was his first visit.
He started doing some changes in the configuration and while doing sso he was cursing the previous engineer, that idiot did not do this and that. He also called the airtel center and complained that the previous guy did not do so and so things.

He said that now i have done the required changes and i should check now before proceeding for any further actions.
He then left and to my surpise in last 4 days i did not had a single disconnection.
In 4 days i should have had at least 50 disconnections, but not a single disconnection so far.

So i can safely say that with proper learned engineer doing your installation or changes, even beetel 777VR1 can work like charm.
Now i dont feel any requirement to demand Huawei or D-Link as beetel works just fine.

I am not having any issues with DSL drop but my LAN port goes off for like 30 seconds due to which I lose connection on my PC. Tried every port but the problem persists and Airtel engineer's are so untrained they come and blame my ethernet wire

I am not having any issues with DSL drop but my LAN port goes off for like 30 seconds due to which I lose connection on my PC. Tried every port but the problem persists and Airtel engineer's are so untrained they come and blame my ethernet wire

Which modem do you have? Have you checked the to see if the link state power management is not causing the issue, windows powers down the eth. adapter when the PC is idle.

Any one having speed issue
Lately my speed droping alot . after restart it gets to normal 16-17 mbps but after like hour or two it get down to 1-3 mbps.