Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,454
I was on 1499 plan with 225GB with 40Mbps, now 2399 plan less 75% discount comes to approx 690 including taxes. Best part is I have agreed for 50% discount with 100GB extra data for 3 months in my 1499 plan, however the disconnection request was closed. So I have called them yesterday and got switched to this plan.

p\Pretty cool deal you got. 600rs for 400gb on Airtel is sweet.

My extra benefits are still intact so totally 500GB, will squeeze more in future. It's pay back time.

When i got beetel modem its firmware version was V01.00.05_2_Test3, i suppose its latest already. And it was disconnecting very often.
When i complained to cc, the installation guy called back and said he will send me email of latest firmware.
He did send the email but its firmware version was same as the one of my modem i.e 777VR1_V01.00.05_2_Test3..img. So i did not installed it. And kept using the same way for one weak with disconnections.

But 3 days ago i said lets try that firmware given by the guy even if its same, and i instlalled it. And to my surprise its not disconnecting anymore. Hardly once in a day.
I am not sure how is it different even though it says same version number. But i am glad i got rid of disconnections finally.

If anybody need that firmware, lemme know.

I got V01.00.05_7 installed, and I facing like link drop in 10-15 mins frequently. I wanted to know if you can mail me the firmware which is stable for you. 🙂
I am unable to ping you on the forum so quoted you here.

My cousin just had her connection upgraded to V-Fiber, it took airtel almost a month to set it up. They claimed the VDSL modems were out of stock till now. The modem airtel gave her is a D-Link DSL-224. Seems to have excellent wifi range, even beats her existing D-link AC router. The connection too according to her has been stable.

Yup, most certainly is. She even had them waive off the Rs. 1000 for it. Then again she has been an airtel dsl customer for over 17 years!

I got my VDSL upgrade 3 days ago. My router Beetel 777VR1 showed frequent disconnections within 30-45 mins of usage, Internet link dropped like hell.
So, today I requested the local engineer who installed the router, and after changing firmware given by @ganesh177 and from engineer, same issue continued,

After that local engineer mentioned that D-Link VDSL routers are available in stock and we need to request airtel for modem change. Airtel is intentionally providing Beetel router as they in-house cheaper builds as compared to costly D-Link and Huawei routers.

Really pathetic 3 days of internet ever used.

I recently migrated to 16mbps VDSL and still the max download speed I get is about 900kBps (~8mbps). I am on 777VR1 modem. How to improve this?

Also what torrent settings (no of connections, etc) do you use?

Last edited:
Try to use Google DNS @dragonball

Best way to test the speed of internet connection I find myself is that download video from Youtube using IDM.

You can use seedr for torrent download. It's so many months since I have used BT for download torrents. Seedr is perfect.

I recently migrated to 16mbps VDSL and still the max download speed I get is about 900kBps (~8mbps). I am on 777VR1 modem. How to improve this?

Also what torrent settings (no of connections, etc) do you use?

900KB/s is too low for 16Mbit, check your sync rate in the modem's GUI. You should ideally be getting over 2MB/s

BT settings are dependent on whether it is a public torrent or private, for private I prefer at max 25, on a public torrent I adjust it on the fly, sometimes as high as 300 peers. If it is well seeded then even 50 does the trick.

@Adidam: Changing the DNS will only speed up name resolution, provided the one you change to is quicker to begin with. It will not increase your download speed one bit.

Last edited: