Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,450
I switched to Airtel V fibre 2 months ago. So i was facing lots of link drop issue but from around 1 month hardly i have faced any drops but currently I'm facing modem issues i guess, it just hangs and i have to completely restart it (internet stops working, but no link drop) . Facing losses in online games though the loss is for a fraction of a second. Youtube takes lots of time to load sometimes. My modem is Beetel 777VR1 and fw 1.00.05_2_Test3. I really don't know if it's the problem from airtel side or modem. Please suggest me what should i do?

I've been reading this thread for a while but registered just now to post a new problem. I woke up to find that the Airtel 40mbps connection that was installed at my place the other day has mysteriously changed the Wifi network name to the original Airtel_zerotouch. I had changed the name at the time of setup and the password too but all that seems to have vanished.

I have tried all password, from what I had setup to the default one they gave me and none of them work. I called Airtel and of course they have no clue and just registered a complaint. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I will update once the Airtel guy comes to fix it.

Just open your modem and see what has gone wrong.

User name : admin & Password : Your Relationship no can be found in your Airtel bill.....Worked for most of us.

I've been reading this thread for a while but registered just now to post a new problem. I woke up to find that the Airtel 40mbps connection that was installed at my place the other day has mysteriously changed the Wifi network name to the original Airtel_zerotouch. I had changed the name at the time of setup and the password too but all that seems to have vanished.

I have tried all password, from what I had setup to the default one they gave me and none of them work. I called Airtel and of course they have no clue and just registered a complaint. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I will update once the Airtel guy comes to fix it.

It could be Airtel remotely pushed a firmware update for the modem and triggered a reset of the settings in the process. Like maniac123 has suggested log into the modem and reconfigure the wifi settings.

Here's my OpenDNS log for this connection. The modem was changed on 04-May-2017.

I can safely say that my problem was fixed with the Beetel modem.

wBCjRqC.jpg

Just open your modem and see what has gone wrong.

User name : admin & Password : Your Relationship no can be found in your Airtel bill.....Worked for most of us.

I am not sure what you meant by 'open the modem'

In any case they sent me an sms with a new password for the Wifi. I used to that to connect and then went ahead and changed the Wifi name and Password.

I really hope they do not do this too often. Maybe it was just some firmware update or something.

Should I change my default DNS servers to Open DNS or Google DNS? Will I see any benefits, esp in terms of speed?

Thanks guys

I am not sure what you meant by 'open the modem'
Modem's Web UI aka 192.168.1.1

Should I change my default DNS servers to Open DNS or Google DNS? Will I see any benefits, esp in terms of speed?
Yes. Airtel's DNS servers are crap and timeouts half the time, at least for me. Google public DNS is much faster and more stable.

@Adidam I was going to but then they offered 140GB plus unlimited calls for 400 rupees so I decided to continue using it as my backup.

Did they instantly switch you to 400 rupees plan or is it still pending ? Because they offered me 50% discount + 100GB topup for three months on 12/05/2017, still pending.

@manojrk Okay. Actually, Your Signature mentions only Cherrinet now.

@maniac123 It takes sometime. I happened with me. But mail to Applete and call 121 again for the same.

@maniac123 My plan was changed the same day. Confirm with 121 CC if it's still not reflecting in smartbytes page.

Just spoke to 121 and they transfered my call to disconnection department...Mr. Imran khan from that dept was kind enough to offer 75% discount on 2399 plan which provides 400GB with unlimited calls for 6 months and plan got activated immediately.

Last edited: