Yes Bank

Right. I can see that your dad has a personal Amex card. That explains his complaints about high charges 😀

Damn. I thought that would reverse the chota aadmi remark. But, oh well. 😀

lol it's ok. there was a time i would have been eligible for amex. and i would not have minded their charges too. but they rejected my application on a technicality and well... their loss. 😀

Got the kit today. Do not like the design of the debit card. Standard Chartered has much better looking cards. But then what can you do. Even the cheque book leaf pages have a very contrasting design 😀

I plan to downgrade my account from preferred banking (2L AMB) to most basic one which I think has a AMB of Rs. 20000/25000. There are two reasons...
I need to see if I can pay my credit card bills using Yes Bank account online. If not, I would probably keep that account till I can find an alternative 🙁 Paying using cheque is annoying.
My StanChart account is linked to my Income Tax returns. And I am supposed to get a refund this month. Amount is small but I want to see if it ever comes 😀

chromaniac said:
Fellow Yes Bank account holders. Do they send a daily mail and sms about the balance in your account?
No they don't (not to me atleast)

chromaniac said:
Also, their toll free number looks weird 18002000. Apparently their website also mentions the same so it is not a typo!
Yes that is their phone banking number
chromaniac said:
I need to see if I can pay my credit card bills using Yes Bank account online.
Yes you can. When you log in to the stand chart online banking portal they give you an option to pay credit card bill from other bank's account. It is a service provided by bill desk and Yes Bank is available as one of the option.
Or you can try the following URL
http://www.standardchartered.co.in/_documents/disc.html

Sounds good. I love my Titanium Credit Card from Standard Chartered. I guess I can think about closing the StanChart bank account soon enough!
Payment will be credited to your card account within 3 working daysHehe. I guess I would have to start paying a bit early.

From my experience although it get reflected in to the account after 3 days, the date marked against your payments is the date on which I actually did the transaction.

An amount of INR 75,000.00 has been debited to your A/C. No.XX3255 on 14-Sep 14:20 on account of "CHQ RETN - MICR-SIGNATURE MISMATCH".WTH.

No. There was a check of 75000. I did not understand this message. They say that there was a signature mismatch. And then they say amount was debited.
The final balance does not include this amount. So they added the funds and then took it out when they 'realized' that there was a signature mismatch?
Quite confusing.
Debited means money was added to the account or money was taken out from the account? 😀

Hehe,
Debit to your account = money goes out from your account.
The SMS is indeed confusing. I thought Rs.75,000 are the charges of return of cheque, which made me believe that SMS is a mistake.

Right. Cheque was rejected by SBI coz of bad signature. Confirmed from call center.