Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm thinking to enrol my primary number in JIO prime but I'll wait till 20th march to see how other operator reacts.

and after the 31st march, jio's data speed will definitely increase because freeloaders won't use it anymore which will reduce traffic.

data speed will definitely improve once free offer ends on the 31st march because not everyone will pay 303 per month and freeloaders would throw their sim away which will reduce data traffic.

Reliance Jio Launches Prime Offer, Unlimited Benefits For 12 More Months – NDTV Profit

The Prime offer will open for enrolment on March 1 and close on March 31, Mr Ambani said. Under Jio's Happy New Year offer, customers currently enjoy free data and voice services till March 31, 2017. To enrol for the Prime offer, under which customers will continue to get unlimited benefits till March 31, 2018, existing and new subscribers of Jio (till March 31, 2017) will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs 99.

Jio is almost useless for me. I am not even sure why I havent thrown it away yet.

303 for 30Gb + UL 2-5 is damn good. :emoji_rainbow:
It also means that the upper price ceiling is now fixed and most of the other operators plans above 300 are now redundant. :emoji_banana:

Wait and watch, if others don't react with better plans they will lose a lot of subscribers.

I get less than 2 kbps (Yes kbps not mbps) when at office. Its fine at home, where I already have unlimited Airtel on Wi-fi - So, its saving my Airtel quota, which in 90% case I dont exahust anyway. In local transit - it wavers a lot (from no towers to 100 kbps) - so much that I use it only for very casual browsing & not I want to do something slightly more important - I switch to Airtel 4g which is my primary connection with some basic data

Now say ,i have paid rs.99 for prime and suddenly change my mind and want to use 149rs plan.Will i be able to?or i would be able recharge for 303?

If you take my honest opinion, it is a damn good offer. I don't use voice much (probably 1-2 calls a week). My mom and dad can use them on their Jio SIMs. I am already a LYF phone user and a Jio customer for nearly 8-9 months now and it has been a huge relief from the crappy BSNL broadband of the last 10 years.

I still have BSNL as a backup with their basic broadband plan. But as always, their lines are unreliable, their officials not very helpful or responsive and the phones noisy. In fact, it has improved after I stopped calling them every week when the line went out. Previously, my BSNL used to go down (either extreme noise or line dead) every few days and I had to bribe lineman and make tons of requests to get the line fixed only for it to get bad again in a day or two (sometimes the same night). After getting Jio, I have stopped caring about BSNL much and hardly bribe or call the lineman. Surprisingly, the BSNL landline is far more stable after I stopped bribing lineman or making line complaints. Yes, the line is still very noisy but it is still more stable. Again, it is not rainy season and I doubt the lines would be completely dead by rainy season.

In the case of Jio, I am getting stability and can browse/work without being disturbed which is the best part. The worst part about BSNL is that the DSL lines used to go off continuously due to their crappy lines all these years and so, it breaks the concentration and disturbs whenever doing any work online. BSNL is also dependent on weather. It f...ing does not work in rain, hot days, winter and tons of other stuff. It was just completely unreliable. Jio does not have any weather interference as such and works in all weathers and is hence, far better for the smooth functioning of any work without getting disturbed.

I have my own SIM for a long time. And I have recently got one for my dad too. I am now thinking of getting another SIM for my mom too. They can enjoy the free calls when they need to call my married sister and relatives and I can use the data of their phones for backup in case my own phone 1 GB gets exhausted. It would cost me 303 x 3 = 909 rs. per month. But it is a very good deal for 30x3=90 GB data + night unlimited for 2-5 AM. I would probably end up using say 40-50 GB max during day time and maybe some in the night. So, say around 60-80 GB max ( the maximum limit I would probably use unless I get some heavy downloading stuff in between) all 3 SIM cards combined. That should be more than enough for my needs. And it is nearly the limit of a broadband connection with far better stability (especially compared to BSNL which is the only option here in Guwahati). Another problem with BSNL is that the upload speed is terrible. I also need some uploading stuff at times and it takes ages to even upload a couple of hundred MB data. Jio takes only a few minutes.

I doubt that by March 31, 2018, Jio FTTH would probably also be launched PAN India or at least in Guwahati when I can take that up for say a thousand bucks or something similar in case the Jio 4G are increased significantly then. So, it is a very good deal. Morever, I am pretty sure that the network speed and quality would increase a lot more when the freeloaders get off the Jio network after March 31, 2017 (don't be surprised if even half or more of the current customers just move away after 31st of March). This would mean the network would be even faster with lesser problems and better speeds.

Overall it is an awesome deal and I would probably go for a third connection now (for my mom this time) after today's announcement. Jio is the only option to provide a good competition to the crappy BSNL nationwide. Hope they launch their FTTH soon. I have got irritated with the lack of ISPs in Guwahati for example for broadband connection. BSNL does not give a s..t to customers here as they have complete monopoly. They in fact refuse to take new customers saying their lines and capacity are not good. They just do not give a rats a.. to their business.

What happens if i don't opt for prime subscription ? I hardly use Jio as its network coverage is sh*t in my location and improvement is doubtful. I have three sim cards but use only one rarely.

Still call drops aren't fixed...so Jio prime is not my cup of tea

Will wait and watch how Jio fiber rolls out.

Last edited: