Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
303+99= 402
499+99= 598
both include prime + first recharge of resp plan.
nothing new.

@igloo No its new because JIO said that prime membership is for only 1 month but they seems to be extending the offers.
@SiVell Yes, Looks so as in app its clearly mentioned that if you do same recharge after 31st you won't be getting 5/10 GB extra means they will continue these plans after 31st march while other benefits will remains intact.

I dont recollect receiving a single SMS ad from Jio. Probably because I have enabled DND from MyJio app.

Does anyone know if they are still asking for the offer barcode to give a new sim ?

I am planning to port my corporate Vodafone number to jio. I got the port code from Vodafone already. Will they still need offer code ? Cc guys say they do.

@Dhiraj i too ported from airtel to jio, yes you need a new qr code. if you dont have one then you need to do a full hard resent of your mobile then you will get a new code

ps : i seen jio engineer doing this for people who wants a new code for porting :emoji_blush:

But in my area local retailers are selling jio sims with prime subscription for 130 Rs each, Nothing required give money take sim. Only DX store guys are asking for Bar Codes.

if he ok with spending extra 30/- then he should goahead. in my opinion hard reset is not worth the 30/-

@Dhiraj i too ported from airtel to jio, yes you need a new qr code. if you dont have one then you need to do a full hard resent of your mobile then you will get a new code

ps : i seen jio engineer doing this for people who wants a new code for porting :emoji_blush:

It is not worth doing a hard reset for just 30 Rs. I had the barcode redeemed issue for a long time and couldn't get a JIO SIM because of this. Then one day out of nowhere the JIO CC emailed me and after a couple of exchanges they asked me to go to the JIO service center in GGN and my issue would be resolved. Went there and the tech person gave me 3 SIMs in 20 minutes (While using barcodes of their own which he got by calling the JIO marketing team he said) without touching my phone.

Also, is it just me or has JIO started to throttle speeds big time? I am up today and my night data speeds are only around 10-15 MBps when a week or so ago they were 25-40 Mbps.

Last edited: