Home delivery of Reliance Jio SIM!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,313
applied to get home delivery of jio sim tomorrow. let's see if it works 😀

Where did you apply for the home delivery? I don't see that link on the website. Do we need to generate a barcode as well?

lol. saw an ad on twitter. clicked on it. did not note down the url. now can't find it.

Impressively the guy landed at scheduled time. Dad's fingerprint were not very clear when he got his aadhaar card made so it took some effort to process his ekyc. But it was eventually done in around 15 minutes. No photo needed. Dude did take a photocopy of his aadhaar card I think.

Sim was already activated. I was able to make calls immediately. Data was working too. Though for some weird reason, dad's Redmi 3s prime kept on shutting down mobile internet randomly. Incoming calls? Did not work from Airtel number. Worked from another Jio number. If I call from my Airtel number, I am told that the number does not exist or something.

something worth mentioning here. dad's email id got three mails. two stating failure of biometric data scan. one saying approval through biometric scan. i suppose this is cool. you get an alert whenever your biometric data is used to enroll into some service?

Email from UIDAI? My father never received any email when he used his credentials to get a Jio SIM or open an Airtel Payments Bank account.

XKhtU2y.png

obvious question here... did you get his email id included in the database at the time of account creation?

hmm. checked again and he has two positive responses from uidai. i hope reliance guy did not issue a second sim in his name 😱

Your email address fed must be wrong. It's not recent. I got mail for sim activated in oct last year also.

Any way thanks for the link. Booked it and guy called at right time and cam within 15mins.
Was cool on how many sim card I need. Opted for 2 sims. No invite code needed.
So 1 old sim+ 2 new = total of 3GB per day. Don't need to upgrade Airtel plan till april.

Data was working too. Though for some weird reason, dad's Redmi 3s prime kept on shutting down mobile internet randomly.

Happens here in Mumbai too.. its JIO problem not Redmi. Happens in Gionee and Xolo phones too

something worth mentioning here. dad's email id got three mails. two stating failure of biometric data scan. one saying approval through biometric scan. i suppose this is cool. you get an alert whenever your biometric data is used to enroll into some service?

Yes I had reported this when JIO was not accepting my finger. I got like 10-15 emails stating that fingerprint verification failed by Reliance!! 😀

Here mobile data icon stays ON.

But mobile data arrows - vanishes.

Sometimes comes back automatically.

Sometimes need to disable /. re-enable mobile data on phone.

Also check if your mobile has auto-disable option due to inactivity.