Indian Railways Updates

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
^ I was traveling on superfast last month and was up all night because the coach was shaking so much. This is the second time I had done this, stay awake ,I mean. I even sent an complaint to railways sms and within 20 mins, a railway guard came to my berth and said that this is normal but just to be sure, they'll check the train at next major stop. I've been traveling thru trains my whole life but I don't know, maybe I'm being paranoid. I'd rather reach my destination late than be in an accident. trains always are running late anyways

Reactions: Sushubh

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
^ meh. how can they even justify it? all my friends who travel regularly in 1AC 2AC, travel thru air anyways. even accounting for 600~800rs cab fare to airport, its much much easier and faster than trains. all the ac berths are just being used by railway employees and political babus. few months back I was travelling thru 2AC because of an emergency and one MP was travelling in my coach and his bodyguards made me vacate my place because apparently that asshole wanted to stay in middle of the coach. I complained to TT and he said the whole coach is empty, why don't you just move to some other seat.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
I traveled via Duranto train - twice in last 5 days.

And it was crazy Essel world ride. (both times)

Train would give jerk every 30 to 90 seconds and shake you up completely.

Afterwards I googled and discovered that it happens in most Shatabdi / Duranto trains because of issue with some coupler used in them.

And new coaches have the issue rectified.

But if you end up in train with old coupler -- you wont be able to sleep

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
^ thats true. Ive been traveling since childhood so I know how trains rattle but this was too much. I was in side upper and I was repeatedly being banged onto the two support rods. It was crazy.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
If train was so stable then why was his hand moving so much?

And trains dont bounce around up and down like a car because tracks are smooth unlike roads.

Trains normally have side way movements in which case water bottle base would normally hold on to flat surface it is on.

And oh yes, he must travel in Duranto first.