Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
State Bank of Travancore, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur and State Bank of Mysore...
SBI to merge five subsidiary banks with itself as it prepares to fund the economy - The Economic Times
I have no idea why they have subsidiaries. One single bank would have been so much better. I mean why is there no State Bank of Gurgaon? Or State Bank of Delhi? What's the freaking logic?

harshikl

Regulars
Feb 27, 2016
But thinking that what's the benefit of it. Currently Sbbj branch and sbi branch near my house has huge crowd of people what will happen when they merge how will they handle such a large number of people. Feeling pity on them...:eek::oops:

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
State Bank of India - Wikipedia

Interesting reason for the original question

SBI acquired the control of seven associate banks in 1960. They were the seven regional banks of former Indian princely states, all of them which were renamed with the prefix 'State Bank'. These seven banks were State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ), State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH), State Bank of Mysore (SBM), State Bank of Patiala (SBP), State Bank of Travancore (SBT), State Bank of Saurashtra (SBS) and State Bank of Indore (SBI - Indore). All these banks used the same logo as its parent bank.