How to pay HUDA/MCG/GMDA/Gurgaon water bill online in Haryana?

I did not find it in my existing bank accounts. Anyone from Gurgaon has any idea if an option exist?

From my understanding, at this point of time these are the options.

HUDA WATER BILL
HUDA PAY APP - Android Apps on Google Play
PhonePe – UPI Payments, Recharges & Money Transfer - Android Apps on Google Play

Never mind. MCG Water Bill payment is no longer available through BBPS so you would have to pay through the MCG website or their stupid app.

The payment gateways on this portal are shit. Payment fails most of the time. Most of the time, it would actually get processed. But my latest payment was refunded back to my account after six days. I had no idea during this time if I should pay again or not. If you are indeed paying through this route, use the payu gateway instead of icici. payu is more likely to respond to your query and verify if the transaction was successful or not.

Last edited:

holy schmoly. it seems to be genuine coz it showed me the exact bill amount.
i cannot seem to find an option to create a new user id.

Yes. Was launched this year I guess.
What more you can expect from govt depts making sites? Thank god they remembered to put an Insta payment option. :tongue: Happened with IGL too when for few months there was no option to create an id. You could only login and pay so kinda useless.

Right. Paid using the Instapay option. Worked. Even got a confirmation message on the site. Dad would not be amused because it is always better to have a hard copy of the bill with stamp and sign. Because that's what works when they come to your place to cut the connection. 🙁
Would try to find out if the bill is at least recorded paid at their office. The problem is usual. They just give you 2 hours in a day to ask queries. It's insane. I mean what else are you there for?
Also... For accepting bill payments? Four days in a month. Four hours a day. 16 hours in total on working days. It's stupid. The lines are so long that in summers you would actually faint standing in the sun.

If this thing stays online, it would fix one major headache that comes six times in a year.

Facepalm. This is maha lame. What are they supposed to be doing for the rest of the day?

That's the thing! I mean seriously. I thought power department was bad accepting payments only till 1PM but they are much more efficient. It helps that lots of people prefer paying through cheque which is faster to process.
Water bills are small so people prefer cash. But the cashier on the counter do not keep much change so they force you to bring exact cash amount. As a result... They take like 5 minutes to cater to each individual payee. Counting, arguing (if the guy does not have exact change and so on).
Power department guys have become very efficient in comparison. I pay using cheque so it takes just around 30 seconds to deposit my home bills.

chromaniac said:
That's the thing! I mean seriously. I thought power department was bad accepting payments only till 1PM but they are much more efficient. It helps that lots of people prefer paying through cheque which is faster to process.
Water bills are small so people prefer cash. But the cashier on the counter do not keep much change so they force you to bring exact cash amount. As a result... They take like 5 minutes to cater to each individual payee. Counting, arguing (if the guy does not have exact change and so on).
Power department guys have become very efficient in comparison. I pay using cheque so it takes just around 30 seconds to deposit my home bills.
Same story everywhere. Delhi jal board officials work the exact same way. 5 days a week. Long counters. Though in the recent months things have improved a bit with them installing a machine to accept bills(not checked how it works) and launching a website finally.

Righto. They could get so much more time for tea and gossips if they outsource bill collection to private companies!

Don't remember.
Paying now...
Note: Convenience charge will be borne by the customer.
Right. Smart. I wonder how much they are charging.
Directly to PayU payment gateway which is becoming quite popular with online stores in India 😱
Success! Please note the Receipt No. :GGN-Branch-31-1000112327
I get a shock everything I see this.