Port Forwarding on Nextra

ISP
Nextra
Hi

I just got my Nextra connection today and I'm facing issues with accessing my FTP server (setup on my Asus router) through WAN on port 21.

I believe the issue lies in the basic fibre to ethernet converter/ modem that Nextra provides: there is no way I can find to setup port forwarding on it.

Anyone has any idea how to go about this? How do I open port 21?

Thanks!
Nikhil

Has no one faced this problem with the double NAT setup of Nextra? Their technical team called but no one was able to help resolve this issue. It seems they've blocked all the ports intentionally and no one knows how to open them.

What can I do?

What kind of IP does you Asus router receive on the WAN side? is it a LAN IP or a public WAN IP? The "fibre to ethernet converter" you mention, any make or model? Usually this device, if it has a Fiber cable going in is called an ONT, Is that what you have? Lemme know can help further with the info.

I had Nextra FTTH for close to a year, the ONT they provided me was in bridged mode, hence, the WAN IP was directly received by my router. Though I didn't run an FTP, I was connectable at that time from the internet when I forwarded any ports.

Has no one faced this problem with the double NAT setup of Nextra? Their technical team called but no one was able to help resolve this issue. It seems they've blocked all the ports intentionally and no one knows how to open them.

What can I do?

I had a similar problem. My games would show up a Strict NAT issue error and no incoming connection issue.

I called up their CC and explained the issue. They told me to manually setup the local IP for your device and they did the port forwarding thing from their side as their FTTN router doesnt have any advanced settings page. My games seem to work fine till now 🙂