Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 36,764
@salaxzar thanks. Apart from their poor wifi modem I've found this connection pretty good. At least much than excitel which disconnects frequently and goes kaput when its raining outside

@salaxzar Just wanted to know, have you faced any issues with the Mi Router 3 so far?

@siddhant764 Nopes not yet, though mine firmware is Chinese and opening on router console on mobile is problematic as the google translator doesn't automatically work. Except that, its pretty decent, however its 2.4GHz range is not the best.

Guys since yesterday, all sites using any browser running very slow (30-80KB/s), but surprisingly YouTube app runs fine at about 40 Mbps. Anyone experienced anything if this sort? Raised ticket twice, closed automatically.
@salaxzar are you experiencing this?

@salaxzar the issue has somewhat solved for now. Now sites running at above 10Mbps. Earlier even Facebook videos were buffering at auto quality (while YouTube was able to play 2k videos)

Not sure when would Jio broadband come here but one our local ISP in Punjab has already started providing 1Gbps plans and i must say that it is much better competitive pricing compared to rest of India.

4999+Taxes for 1Gbps till 500Gb and 100mbps unlimited after FUP.
5999+Taxes for 1Gbps till 1TB and 100mbps post that.

http://netplus.co.in/packages/

Last edited:
I started with a 50Mbps 50GB FUP plan, with 2Mbps post FUP for 1k/month paid quarterly.

Was bumped to 250GB FUP after 3 months for same price, also paid quarterly.

Now after 6th month, they have offered 1TB FUP for 800rs/month if I paid for 6 months straight. Looks like they are trying to retain customers from the Jio broadband launch with attractive long term plans.

edit: City is Pune, btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ppr
@siddhant764 @dextermorgan @salaxzar Thinking of getting this or Airtel. But I don't care about the FUP since won't be using that much. I just want speed to indian/international servers to be good. They have put some 'AFS' boards here(means not docsis but fiber?) but seeing how cheap their plans are there might be lot of congestion

Hathway is only good for Hathway to Hathway Servers and nearby same city server.

Hathway Delhi to any other server in Mumbai or other country sucks.

@salaxzar the issue has somewhat solved for now. Now sites running at above 10Mbps. Earlier even Facebook videos were buffering at auto quality (while YouTube was able to play 2k videos)

Google works perfectly because they have Servers in Delhi. 99% problems are solved because of this.

Hathway to Hathway is always good but hathway to other servers is shit. They have poor routing and bad infra.