Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 36,786
So I just got a message that my plan has been activated. I decided to check the portal and this is what I see:

ss%20%282017-03-13%20at%2012.16.15%29.png

So unlike Mr_mime, my FUP does actually say "not applicable" with the data usage not counting at all. However I have noticed that the provisioning file that Hathway sends their modems is valid for 1 week, or till you reboot the modem, and so I am still getting 50Mbps and will be till next Monday. Pretty cool I must say.

What is the link to portal page? The screen shot here looks like better UI.

I have been using Home and the page looks like it was developed by some one in college as part of some college project.

What is the link to portal page? The screen shot here looks like better UI.

I have been using Home and the page looks like it was developed by some one in college as part of some college project.
I used to check my account via their site too but it was really time consuming since you had to first select city < account id < portal id + password

I was checking my emails and found their email welcoming me to their service and it had this link which will take you straight to the portal page. Bookmark this link like i did and save few clicks

Login | Hathway Selfcare

Discussed with customer care. Those who are on fiber connection are not migrated to the new portal yet(some people in other cities are migrated but not in Bangalore). That is why I am seeing crappy portal page compared to others who are on Docsis.

Those who are on Fiber have the login page: Home
Those who are on Docsis have the login page: Login | Hathway Selfcare

That explains why Hathway website has a one more step where you need to select the location and enter the account number. Based on the account number entered, it takes you to old portal or new portal.

I'm nearly done with the initial 3 months for my Hathway plan and I'm not too impressed. While I do get the promised speeds nearly everywhere (30Mbps unlimited), the reliability of the connection is not too great.

During the first month the connection only went down when electricity to the area was shut off as they didn't have power backup. A few calls fixed that but the second and third month have seen intermittent disconnections for various reasons. I've resorted to keeping the Hathway connection as my primary with ACT as a backup.

@siddhant764
I think thepirateby is blocked by mostly every isp.
You have to open it via proxy/VPN
I use proxysite(dot)com and access it
If you want to try other torrent sites like 1337(x)
Then put https:// behind every blocked torrent url(except pirateby) and it will work

Thanks. Proxy site worked for me. Wanted to know another thing. My friends hathway connection which he got a year ago has a small router with a D-Link dual antenna router.
But I got a single Hathway branded 2-in-1 modem cum router. Dlink range at my friends was pretty good. But my 2-in-1 has pretty awful range. Speed drops to 20mbps in the next room. Does any of has this 2-in-1 and would hathway guys change mine to the dlink one if i ask them to?
@Mr_mime which one do you have mate? And how's your range?

Last edited:
@siddhant764 they gave me technicolor 2 in 1 modem+router and it sucks.
In the same room my speed stays between 25-35mbps on a 50mbps plan and in the next room it can go to 10mbps and below.

>would they change if you ask
You can ask but i doubt they will give you D-Link one.
If a area uses one type of modem then they can only provide you that one.
Still asking won't hurt.

If your friend lives nearby(same region) then they definitely can or tell them you will disconnect your connection if they dont.

Last edited:
@Mr_mime yes my friend just lives in the next lane. But he got his connection over a year ago. Will surely ask them to change. I asked the guy during installation time also that why dont u give me the D-Link one...he said this one has better range. Had I known how bad this Technicolor is, I would've told him to give me D-Link there and then.

And the speed, yeah at the highest I also get about 35-40mbps with 12-14ms ping.

Last edited:
@Mr_mime any way to increase torrent download speeds? I get max 1.7 MB/s while downloading a torrent frm the piate by. Other downloads give normal speeds.

And btw router change probably not happening. I am always told a team will contact me but I'm never contacted.