Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Views Views 36,765
Of course, like all desi ISPs they have fine print terms and conditions like "Download speed indicated is only up to our ISP node." 😀

I've had absolutely no issues with Hathway over the last couple of years since they started their 50 Mbps offerings. Download speeds are always as promised at 50 Mbps.

I've had absolutely no issues with Hathway over the last couple of years since they started their 50 Mbps offerings. Download speeds are always as promised at 50 Mbps.
Is Hathway good in Mumbai? any idea about that?
Also is Hathway's internet too handle via the local cable guys? I don't want to deal with them.

Pretty cool, though upload speeds kind of suck with them. 50mbps dl / 2.5mbps ul :/

They are not just doubling data, they are increasing it like crazy. I have been on their 300 GB/ 3.6k plan, for ages. This renewal it's gone up to 1.5 TB and 8 mb after that, at the same price.

@jayesh Could you tell me what's the name of your plan?

@demonicult I've been using Hathway since the last 11 years. Their service has remarkably improved over the last few years. I've had less than 5 down times in 2016. Speeds are always consistent at 50 Mbps.

In current plans itself Hathway has post FUP speed of 2/3 mbps, that itself is deal maker for majority of users.

I have option of hathway in my society but i am holding onto airtel due to stable connection and free landline calls. I dont think i can hold onto airtel for long.

Looking up or new plans to be launched from hathway.

They are not just doubling data, they are increasing it like crazy. I have been on their 300 GB/ 3.6k plan, for ages. This renewal it's gone up to 1.5 TB and 8 mb after that, at the same price.
That's crazy. I'm just waiting for ACT to get into gear.

My hathway plan is expiring today. Talked to CC and they said no new plans or offers are there. lol, weird. I guess will stick to excitel and airtel. Time to dump Hathway.

How is Hathway in Chennai ? I have made request and got call from sales team and they told me in two weeks it will be available in my location. 3mbps post FUP is a steal deal compared to other ISP's in my location. I am only concerned with advance rental of 3,6,12 and if it is monthly basis I would just opt it.

How often you face downtimes in Hathway ?, I barely face issues with ACT or AIRTEL, when there is one, both gets resolved with 10 hours(Max except for any Natural disaster like Vardah) from the time ticket gets generated.

Last edited:
Hey man can I have the plan name please? I want to switch over but they're just giving me 300GB 8Mbps post FUP for 3k a month.

That's a downgrade from my ACT connection.

how do i change the current plan from their portal? I get webservice call error when i click on change plan.