Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

ajgamer

Regulars
Dec 28, 2014
1. Seeders
2. Bandwidth is shared among others on the name node. (Hathway shares the bandwidth in real-time so if anyone else is also downloading something then you would suffer a bit can say won't get 100% speed).
3. Technical Issues (includes faulty modem, faulty WiFi, faulty wire, faulty device used by Hathway in Area such as. Multipliers, Servers etc).

Now, I tell you the easiest way to solve since I have seen this issue myself.

1. Seedr is good website to download torrent. Torrent magnet to Seedr and then download it using IDM if you have or Browser's Download.

2. Using additional router with your Hathway Router. So I connect my router with Hathway's Router for WiFi. Hathway Router to my own router via. Ethernet (LAN) and then my Router broadcasts the WiFi very effectively (Supports Google DNS Natively since some of the Apple Services doesn't work on Hathway's DNS let's say Apple Find Friend doesn't work on Hathway's DNS).

3. Can't help! All depends upon the local team and luck!

Rest, Cable Internet works this way only where the bandwidth is shared. Thats why Airtel or MTNL is good if you want 100% Bandwidth 24/7 (excluding technical faults).

For more, Watch Linus' Cable Internet vs. DSL Internet.

ADSL/VDSL is dedicated.

CABLE is shared.

Sidharth P

Regulars
May 10, 2015
ADSL/VDSL is also shared but among way less people. Look up "contention ratio" of your ISP. MTNL has contention ratio of 1:28 ie 28 Users are sharing a single connection. Cable (hathway) or Ethernet(Excitel) is shared among lot more people like 50 or 100 people. This is the reason for low speeds during peak hours.

ADSL/VDSL is also shared but among way less people. Look up "contention ratio" of your ISP. MTNL has contention ratio of 1:28 ie 28 Users are sharing a single connection. Cable (hathway) or Ethernet(Excitel) is shared among lot more people like 50 or 100 people. This is the reason for low speeds during peak hours.

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
Guys I was planning to buy Mi router 3c since it has much better wifi range than the modem provided. Can any of you tell me how to configure it....dhcp(automatic) or PPPoE (username and password).....I have got Technicolor 2 in 1 modem from hathway which has no buttons and no antennas.. Asking because called hathway cust care they don't have much idea themselves.. One rep said DHCP one said Mi guys would know it

Last edited:

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
Im using ACT through PPPoE. While booting for the first time, router will ask to set up connection, select PPPoE and enter your hathaway username and password and it'll connect automatically.

salaxzar

Regulars
Jul 16, 2008
I have Mi Wifi router. Hathway works on DHCP. So simply plug in the Lan wire into Mi Wifi Router and go to settings and select DHCP and you are done.

Reactions: siddhant764

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
Im using ACT through PPPoE. While booting for the first time, router will ask to set up connection, select PPPoE and enter your hathaway username and password and it'll connect automatically.
I don't really think hathway guys gave me any password, anyways problem solved, thanks

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
@salaxzar thanks but I am low on budget, so for now buying the single band one (3C).

Yes I have a docsis 3.0 modem. Yours is also the same one right?

"Username password are within the modem" means I dont need to enter them while configuration, right ?(dchp?)

Please forgive me if I sound like a noob.

salaxzar

Regulars
Jul 16, 2008
@siddhant764 - yes exactly. You do not need to enter anything while configuring DHCP as docsis modem is a cable modem and it contains all the configuration. And yea no worries, I myself am a noob compared to rest of the members here.

Reactions: siddhant764