Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
@siddhant764
I think thepirateby is blocked by mostly every isp.
You have to open it via proxy/vpn
I use proxysite(dot)com and access it
If you want to try other torrent sites like 1337(x)
Then put https:// behind every blocked torrent url(except pirateby) and it will work

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
Thanks. Proxy site worked for me. Wanted to know another thing. My friends hathway connection which he got a year ago has a small router with a dlink dual antenna router.
But I got a single Hathway branded 2-in-1 modem cum router. Dlink range at my friends was pretty good. But my 2-in-1 has pretty awful range. Speed drops to 20mbps in the next room. Does any of has this 2-in-1 and would hathway guys change mine to the dlink one if i ask them to?
@Mr_mime which one do you have mate? And how's your range?

Last edited:

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
@siddhant764 they gave me technicolor 2 in 1 modem+router and it sucks.
In the same room my speed stays between 25-35mbps on a 50mbps plan and in the next room it can go to 10mbps and below.

>would they change if you ask
You can ask but i doubt they will give you dlink one.
If a area uses one type of modem then they can only provide you that one.
Still asking won't hurt.

If your friend lives nearby(same region) then they definitely can or tell them you will disconnect your connection if they dont.

Last edited:

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
@Mr_mime yes my friend just lives in the next lane. But he got his connection over a year ago. Will surely ask them to change. I asked the guy during installation time also that why dont u give me the dlink one...he said this one has better range. Had I known how bad this Technicolor is, I would've told him to give me d link there and then.

And the speed, yeah at the highest I also get about 35-40mbps with 12-14ms ping.

Last edited:

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
@Mr_mime any way to increase torrent download speeds? I get max 1.7 MB/s while downloading a torrent frm the piate by. Other downloads give normal speeds.

And btw router change probably not happening. I am always told a team will contact me but I'm never contacted.

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
If you are getting 1.7mb/s via wifi then get a better router.
If you are connected via ethernet then most likely torrent doesn't have enough seeders.

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
Torrents from other sites give me 5MB/s. Only pirte by gives low speed. Do you face such issue @Mr_mime ?
And do you use any additional router? I use wifi through the technicolor modem only.

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
If you are getting 5mb/s on that ridiculous router then it is fine. I use their modem too and i have never seen 5mb/s on any torrent when i download on my phone.
I hardly get 40Mbps via wifi on my phone even when im standing in front of the router.

The reason why i haven't bought new router is that i download all the 50gb+ games on my computer so i get full 50mbps speed via ethernet and i use wifi only to watch videos and for 1080p just 10mbps is enough which i get as long as i stay in the same room or if i go into another room then the doors should be open.

If you think that thepirateb has torrents with less seeds then try 1337(x)

Last edited:

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
Thepirateb is fine, maybe torrents that you are downloading don't have good seeds or you are not getting constant 40mbps on your phone for 5mb/s from p2p.

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
You get full 50mbps via Ethernet and 40mbps on wifi? Oh then I think I'm fine. I thought there's some issue with my connection as I also get 40mbps on wifi. Never used Ethernet. This goes on to show what a shitty WiFi output that modem has.
I get 5MB/s on torrents when I place my device in front of the modem. I used 1 3 3 7 dot to
Can you tell me which torrent u tried out from piratby? Need to check on that.