Hathway Broadband to double data allowance, give 1 Gbps speed to take on Reliance Jio

gopichandpai

Regular
Regulars
Jul 2, 2008
So I just got a message that my plan has been activated. I decided to check the portal and this is what I see:

So unlike Mr_mime, my FUP does actually say "not applicable" with the data usage not counting at all. However I have noticed that the provisioning file that Hathway sends their modems is valid for 1 week, or till you reboot the modem, and so I am still getting 50Mbps and will be till next Monday. Pretty cool I must say.
What is the link to portal page? The screen shot here looks like better UI.

I have been using Home and the page looks like it was developed by some one in college as part of some college project.

Reactions: View From The Top

gopichandpai

Regular
Regulars
Jul 2, 2008
I am using the same link on their website but what I see looks different than what @RedskyITM has attached.

Mr_mime

Regulars
Feb 18, 2017
What is the link to portal page? The screen shot here looks like better UI.

I have been using Home and the page looks like it was developed by some one in college as part of some college project.
I used to check my account via their site too but it was really time consuming since you had to first select city < account id < portal id + password

I was checking my emails and found their email welcoming me to their service and it had this link which will take you straight to the portal page. Bookmark this link like i did and save few clicks

Login | Hathway Selfcare

Reactions: gopichandpai

gopichandpai

Regular
Regulars
Jul 2, 2008
Discussed with customer care. Those who are on fiber connection are not migrated to the new portal yet(some people in other cities are migrated but not in Bangalore). That is why I am seeing crappy portal page compared to others who are on Docsis.

Those who are on Fiber have the login page: Home
Those who are on Docsis have the login page: Login | Hathway Selfcare

That explains why Hathway website has a one more step where you need to select the location and enter the account number. Based on the account number entered, it takes you to old portal or new portal.

RedskyITM

Regulars
Sep 4, 2015
I'm nearly done with the initial 3 months for my Hathway plan and I'm not too impressed. While I do get the promised speeds nearly everywhere (30Mbps unlimited), the reliability of the connection is not too great.

During the first month the connection only went down when electricity to the area was shut off as they didn't have power backup. A few calls fixed that but the second and third month have seen intermittent disconnections for various reasons. I've resorted to keeping the Hathway connection as my primary with ACT as a backup.

siddhant764

Jun 13, 2017
How do you guys use torrent? My connection just activated today. Got a small 2-in-1 router modem (not the d link one). Not even able to open -- link removed --

How do you guys use torrent? My connection just activated today. Got a small 2-in-1 router modem (not the d link one). Not even able to open the pirate bay