Linux Distros

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,271
free shipping is closed for the time being... 🙁

how about renaming this thread to "Linux Distros" or something, then we can post all the popular ones instead of cluttering this section with Fedora, OpenSuse etc.

heh i prefer more threads as they have unique post titles which make them se friendly. 😛

oh i see, i thought SEs were smart enough these days to go inside threads too...and the disadvantage of not having common threads is that some interesting links might go into the 2nd, 3rd pages with age and be missed by newcomers

title tags are the most important ones 😀the disadvantage of having common threads is that once the thread goes into pages, people are going to ignore reading it throughly and they would post same software again and again.

OpenLX

OpenLX Linux replaces Microsoft Windows on desktop PCs / servers.

[*]Easy to install. Includes operating system, office suite, email, internet browser and many more software applications needed for your business.
[*]Easy to use. User interface like MS Windows, with little or no learning required for most of the software included.
[*]No viruses. You do not need anti-virus even for opening and using virus infected MS Office files or MS Window's applications.
[*]You can run a large number of MS Windows applications with built in interface.
[*]Very high built in security.
[*]No licenses to be bought.
[*]Bonus : Includes accounting package KalCulate (60 days edition).
[/list]Havent tried it but screenshots look encouraging , has been developed in india

OpenLX LINUX | First Enterprise Grade GPL LINUX From India for the World | Transforming lives

cool...with so many linux distros, one would surely get confused which one to download/use...

ubuntu uses gnome while kubuntu use kde ............... both are graphical interface.

Ya... it seems PcLinuxos has overtook Ubuntu at distrowatch.com. I think I might just give it a try.

btw, has anyone tried Vixta ?