Excitel Broadband website now display misleading plan speeds with tax exclusive pricing

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Not sure why they would do that. All inclusive price is simpler and clearer for the end user.

WoQfmjl.png

The cheapest plan seems to cost the same 799. The higher two plans are slightly cheaper assuming the tax is 15%.

695 + 15% = 799.25
995 + 15% = 1144.25
1395 + 15% = 1604.25

@Sushubh Plan's table design is changed now. 🙂

3aaadde548544b499aa445c45c027cc2.png

hyderabad gets free installation lol. and prices do not include taxes now.

and they are sort of misleading people by showcasing 80mbps. which is possible on torrents but not elsewhere.

80mbps is possible on YT etc too. Besides, I don't think other ISPs give good speed to foreign servers, whereas I personally got full speed on Excitel except where there was packet loss from RCom. Also every other ISP lists plans without tax so it's negative marketing for Excitel.

Btw I didn't pay installation although there was no competition. Guess they don't ask for it in some areas..

Would the user even get 80mbps on speedtest.net on Excitel server? They are creating faltu ki complaints for themselves. You do not get to advertise speeds that you offer on limited services. It's plain and simple misleading.

I dont understand the plans tbh.

In 40 mbps plan, I get 20 mbps for normal stuff and 20 mbps on torrents? So thats really only 20 mbps right? :idontcare:

well if a torrent has both local (on excitel and peered servers) and external seeders, you can get 40mbps as they are both independent pipes. similarly with their peered services like google, microsoft and Apple. you get direct connectivity and indirect connectivity so if you are doing a multi-stream download, you can get 40mbps. 20mbps from the internet and 20mbps from the peered servers.

I can't even find out which places in hyd they offer their services. No mention on website nothing. Sent them a mail , lets see

Last edited:
They haven't started yet it seems. TBH I'm surprised they are starting there, might have been better with Chennai? And they also need to upgrade their LCO networks to FTTB, at least in apartment type places. Maybe then they can launch higher speed plans.

By FTTN you mean Fiber till 'colony' or Node(2+km radius)?
By FTTB I meant till last switch board. Excitel being fiber only till node(2+km) could be the reason why it was a bit unreliable for me. They state on their site that their planning to upgrade.

It is already FTTB... as I mentioned few days earlier... I think month ago.... on Excitel Broadband review thread page 21...

2 days back I paid for the renewal....... I asked the LCO about 2-3hours downtime.......
he said now they have changed copper to fibre till outside by my house(box on the pole)...... he said it will further reduce the downtime.... they can selectively shutdown a node/ box for maintainance/ addition....... rather than shutting down the whole system....

Last edited: