Nexus 5X continuous rebooting

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4,138
Ya Google should not have provided update in the 1st place if this was gonna happen. Since it's happening since Dec for many and my phone screwed up in Feb 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a fucking megathread for this issue alone

Source

there is no point in the survey if there is some kind of hardware which is not supported with the new update.

nexus 5x is pretty good device though..but this bootloop just got it to the bottom. Weird thing is happening with other devices too, like out of the box moto g 4 ( happened with me too :\ ), saw some comments on Amazon too, people facing similar problems.

got call from service center at 10 am, phone no longer creating booting problem and come to nehru place which takes 1.5 hrs to reach from my place one side, so going and coming back is 3hrs. i told them to check and keep software updated.

i was about to leave so i called them up, just to know that they have just started updating the software on their slow net connection and will take 1.5hrs, now its postponed for tomorrow, would have totally wasted the time if phone would have started rebooting again once i updated reaching home.

i spoke with their area manager, then only they even put on updating, will have to see tomorrow whats the update, but honestly having a mint condition phone in warranty costing 20k, i hope it is as good as new or atleast in same shape like i gave..

as once my Nokia n73 was opened it was never the same fitting..it always felt loose the casing.

replacement ka zamaana gaya. Next best thing would be to carefully check the repaired phone and get it replaced if there are strange noises coming inside it.

Once you leave the service center, their liability ends.

Got the phone back yesterday , working nicely.

Metro was jampacked was almost 7:30 pm when I reached home.

any idea whats with the sudden drop in battery backup ? its almost dead in 2hrs 45 min. was getting around 4.5 hrs screen time.

Also its charging 2x faster now than before. 10% charge in just 4 min 😛

so 2x faster charging and 2x lesser screen time hmm ?

Ooh. I hope they didn't swap out a good battery and put in a degraded one. I had a similar drain on my Nexus 6P and replacing the battery fixed it. Apparently batteries of Nexus 6Ps are degrading faster than usual.

i am at a stage where the battery is dying relatively faster but it is not a major annoyance because i always have a power source handy. power bank or the charger itself. so cannot decide if i should go for a battery replacement right away or wait for it to become worse 😛

Hmm.. I hope LG won't resort to such cheap ways or their service center too,

However the thing is it's charging also in 5min, 10%. Maybe battery calibration issue with the new mother board, I have left it on extra charging, I had read somewhere about this issue when new software happened.