Automatic headlight ON in all 2 Wheelers by default????

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,917

raj2007

Chennai
ISP
AIRTEL
Automatic Headlamp On / AHO is a new Government notification effective April 1, 2017. As per this, the headlamp of all two-wheelers manufactured in India should be equipped to automatically turn on as vehicle starts.

Is it true??
New Honda Activa is equipped with this feature.
New Honda Activa 125 Launched With AHO And BS-4 Engine; Starts At INR 56,954

I've seen(video) this in a country(forgot it) which makes AHO mandatory, so that 4 wheel drivers can see them more clearly thru REAR view mirror, to avoid accidents.

Last edited:
great. now everyone would bother them to turn off their lights till people realize that it is a feature not a bug. i used to drive my car with lights on pretty much all the time and people kept on giving me the hand signal for the same. got so annoying that i stopped doing it.

haryana government made it mandatory to have auto dipper on all new cars. so the car would dipper the upcoming traffic if it senses high beam or something.

Yes AHO is now mandatory. I am reading news about lots of new bikes launched recently like Hero Glamour 2017, Bajaj Dominar, would be having AHO.
Hopefully battery is not affected by this.

You mean headlight will remain ON even during day time?

Wudnt that be COMPLETE WASTE of power?

I think it shud Automatic for conditions where visibility is low.

They shud be equipped with light sensors.

Which automatically turns it on in Fog or evening / night time.

Update:
It looks like there is confusion. Its a separate lamp which stays on whole time. Different from headlight.

Yes, not actual head light but some fog light type extra light which would be always ON which could help vehicles from opposite side to see the bike from long distance (and change course 😉)
Wouldnt adding extra sensors increase costs of bikes when even cars dont have it?

Yes sensors wud add cost.

But its funny that they use word "Automatic" for what is simply a "switchless" lamp. There is nothing automatic in it.

Also news articles use word "headlight" thats what confuses people! (or atleast me)

there is a small difference. by making them automatic on starting of the vehicle, the light would be on even if the switch is off. but if you have the light button on, they would turn on as soon as you turn on the key.

Yes, not actual head light but some fog light type extra light which would be always ON which could help vehicles from opposite side to see the bike from long distance (and change course 😉)
Few scooters and bikes launched with AHO it seems..can anyone confirm whether its a separate extra light or the headlamp itself?

if they have switched to led, it is not going to put much load on the battery in any case.