Excitel Pre-Sale Questions (Answer from your experience)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 12,336
Interchangeable LAN/WAN Port - Versatile Connectivity The TD-W8970 supports ADSL or Ethernet WAN connections (EWAN) that allow users to have the flexibility of different Internet connections among ADSL, cable or fiber modem using its interchangeable LAN/WAN port

looks like it.

@Sushubh Okay. It seems similar to the Airtel PPOE thing. Okay. Can we ask for the PPOE details from Excitel Tech Support as well if LCO guys says no to provide (if I don't pay them 200 Rs for the Router Config charges).

Also, Please advice a good router?

Can we use Google DNS with Excitel?

@Rishabh Sahni I am bit of confused. Did you buy their router or not?

Yes you can use google dns , even i use it & no i did not buy excitel provided router i bought my own TP-Link wr841n & excitel guys will provide you the authentication details even if you don't pay installation charges

Do we get Surfing + Peering Speed as Torrent Speed?

Like their 695 plan says: 20 mbps + 20 mbps

@Sushubh @Rishabh Sikka

Yes, I am on the same plan. This is the torrent speed at the moment:

YJPbauR.png

Needless to say, this will only work on popular torrents that have other excitel users in the swarm.

The ip address you are getting is not from Excitel? Maybe that's the reason why. Everybody's I've seen shows excitel only in the isp name. Is the local cable operator really using excitel?

Oh. Maybe partnership with the lco's causing this. I'm in Delhi and in my society it shows Excitel. You can measure your data exactly on the excitel account? If so then it's the product of lco's conditions. Should get lesser ping and higher upload than this, tbh.

Edit: Just saw the speedtest again, why is the hyderabad server showing a distance of almost 1100 miles from your place?

Last edited:
Do let us know.

Maybe do one more thing. Speedtest from a Gurgaon or New Delhi server. Maybe this will clarify something. If it does I'll let you know.

I am from East Delhi and would like to go with Excitel.

I am currently on MTNL broadband. I would like to retain my landline number which I am using for last 12 years.

Someone please advise whats is the cheapest call only plan on MTNL.

Is it as good as it seem from the website or should i just opt for airtel broadband?

Excitel main attraction definitely is no FUP ans 20 Mbps speed.

Last edited:
Yes, May be the thats the reason. I again tried running Speedtest and again showing same. I am waiting for response from Excitel customer care.
6069950343.png
They claim to have same upload and download speed, so are you now getting better speed? Are you happy with there service & recommend?