How much do you manage to download between 2-5am?

• Thread starter Thread starter d5aqoëp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 10,266
I was consistently getting around 100 Mbps between 2-5am in Mumbai. I opened netvelocity app and it was connected on Band 5 (850Mhz)
I am using Google Pixel but there's no way to tell if Carrier Aggregation was enabled nor there is any LTE+ symbol in my Phone.

I managed 78 GB last night (Gears of War game from Windows 10 app store). Phone was fully charged at 2am. At 5am, 14% battery was left.

^^ Damn. That was one hell of a download 😛

I was consistently getting around 100 Mbps between 2-5am in Mumbai. I opened netvelocity app and it was connected on Band 5 (850Mhz)
I am using Google Pixel but there's no way to tell if Carrier Aggregation was enabled nor there is any LTE+ symbol in my Phone.

I managed 78 GB last night (Gears of War game from Windows 10 app store). Phone was fully charged at 2am. At 5am, 14% battery was left.

CA is active. I get near about 60 Mbps in the mornings though. Check out Netmonster app and enable LTE-Advanced detection in the settings.

^^ Indeed LTE-A is present in my area with B5 + B3 2CA working.

Shame that 3CA B5 + B3 + B40 is not possible on Pixel.

@Alvord12
Jio has not announced 3CA. There is no way of knowing if Jio has deployed ( B5 + B3 ) or ( B3 + B3 + B5 ).
I believe if they have continuous spectrum in B3, they will use if

( B40 + B3 ) or ( B40 + B5 ) 2CA are not possible as per official Google's specs.

Unless some Huawei dongle with 3CA support can connect to PC and LTE stats can be read correctly, we cannot know anything. But right now, no 4G dongle supports 3CA and there is no software or app to read out those details.

Jio's network engineer can shed some light on this.

Do any of their LYF phones even support 3CA?

Last edited:
I think in mumbai they're using 10mhz of band 5 spectrum ... right?

I manage to download about 10gigs..This feels good..I wouldn't mind spending 150 bucks a month for UL at night on 4G

I think in mumbai they're using 10mhz of band 5 spectrum ... right?
I think they are broadly using 10MHz Band 5 i am getting it in all areas (urban rural,sub urban) in Mp and MH

@hrishi.baba Can you name any android app by which I could change my audio output, like if I connect my tablet to chromecast then video+audio both get stream in tv but I want video in tv and audio via my mobile headphone. We could do that in pc by going to sounds then playback device then selecting audio output source from the list but in case of android I haven't been able to find any option. If you know any android app which could let me select audio output device do let me know.
For android TV SoundWire (free) - Android Apps on Google Play
Android TV

Last edited:
was awake last night so downloaded 2 episodes of The last shop on Amazon prime . It downloaded almost in 3-4 minutes . Watched Homeland episode along with download without buffer . I watched episode on 360p on Hotstar . I tried to switch to 720p but then it started buffering . So last night 2 downloads+1 homeland episode . Pretty decent speed .
Today in noon i was getting 10-12 mbps . i m usually getting 4-8mbps consistent speed since jan