1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airtel Broadband's latest internet plans for Delhi NCR

Discussion in 'Airtel Broadband' started by Navjot Singh, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Adidam

Adidam Member
    Regulars

@Karan How to ask them for the provision of symmetric speed?

2. igloo

igloo Not just Internet.
    Regulars

Any one getting problem in factime or whatsapp video calls last night ..... more of upload was problem where other party constantly unable to view picture.

3. wecaz

wecaz Traveller
    Regulars

Y-day I got upgraded to VDSL2.
    Huawei modems are no more in stock. The modem I got is Beetel 777VR1. It has two external antennas that might give better WiFi range.

Guys, any idea which router is better Huawei or Beetel? Is there a difference in life-span and connection quality?

4. Karan

Karan I am a n00b
    Regulars

There is no way to do it. I even tried to get them to do it when I was on 40Mb, they simple said "we give no guarantees on upload speeds"

5. yougotmehere

yougotmehere Member
    Regulars

Hua
    Huawei offcourse. Beetel is there in house production and from adaptor to the chips, it always has a third rate quality. Closed software UI implementation to add. The alternatives available in the market are too costly. Location?

6. itzmynet

itzmynet Regular
    Regulars

you won't get symmetric speeds on VDSL. it is possible only on FTTH

eskay likes this.
  7. wecaz

wecaz Traveller
    Regulars

I am in Gurgaon.

Initially download speed was 39mbps. Upload was 11mbps. I observed few disconnections too in the beginning.

After few hours, the download speed settled at 25-26mbps and Upload speed is at 10-11mbps.

Today, download is at 23mbps. Upload has gone down to 7mbps.

SNR margin has decreased since Y-day.
    Down/Up stream bandwidth has decreased as well.

Just realized above values keeps fluctuating.

#47 wecaz, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  8. yougotmehere

yougotmehere Member
    Regulars

Just request the service engineer to keep an eye for a Huawei Modem. Never the less, there shouldn't be much difference of quality and service degradation just bcuz of the modem. This seems to be more of exchange problem. Raise a ticket but i am afraid, they might just come back and tell that the all disconnections are due to their internal limitations and they might just move you back to 16mbps till further notice or till the time they work on upgrading the exchange and that time isn't gonna come soon.

9. wecaz

wecaz Traveller
    Regulars

Yes, I took the engineer's number to keep on checking for Huawei modem.
    While installing he told me that I am supposed to get 40mbps down and 18mbps up.

In case they limit my speed to stabilize the connection, I should have to cancel the VDSL2 upgrade because my ADSL2 connection was already on 16mbps down and 0.7mbps up.

Although high upload speed on VDSL2 feels very good.

10. waterloo_sunset

waterloo_sunset Active Member
    Regulars

@wecaz I would give it a few days to settle down. I have noticed a similar pattern on my connection with a Huawei router. Just keep an eye out for disconnections. If your line is stable like mine i would advise you to live with the speed fluctuations since won't notice any real difference in browsing, streaming etc plus the upload speeds are fantastic compared to what we were getting on adsl2.