Slow Browsing Speeds on Sify Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Decius
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,572

Decius

ISP
Airtel
Hi allI m on a 48 kbps unlimited package, for that past 2 days i m experiencing extremely slow browsing speeds. I m in Delhi, any one frm Delhi expericing similar problems???......... though if i download something the speeds seem to be reasonably ok but its painfully slow for sites, half the time pages dont open up at all n of course customer care is of no help as usual :angry:

well it could be ur dns serveras during browsing lots dns requests are resloved while it is done once during downloadchange ur dns server i am using the these 217.199.56.2212.125.177.50they are norway based

tried changing DNS servers not of any help 🙁 The only page that opens promptly (with sify DNS servers) is the Sify home page or the sify sites rest pages juz dun open up........ grrrrrrrr

2 days back the sify agent said there are some problems with their backend in delhi.Maybe the problem has resurfaced.Problem & SIFY a strong bonding

What i face while opening websites is it seems to get stuck and then opens up fast all of a sudden. Often I have to click Refresh a couple of times before it opens up. So all this slows down the total time taken to open a site though once it gets on it the site opens blazing fast.

well i can browse just fineits just with this forum and some other forums i use that i feel slow browsing

I noticed one strange thing the connection works fine in early morning but has become unusable in the evening time 😕 and all this started 3 days back only, b4 that it was perfectly fine.... dunno wots screwed up with sify :angry:

Originally posted by Decius@Jul 12 2005, 08:13 PM
I m on a 48 kbps unlimited package, for that past 2 days i m experiencing extremely slow browsing speeds.  I m in Delhi, any one frm Delhi expericing similar problems???.........
[snapback]15940[/snapback]
[/quote]

Naah, whenever I "exceed" the daily limits Sify don`t slow the internet they just disconnect it.

@cancer10...anything like this for MTNL???basically to connect/disconnect at a specific time??? 🤔