Please Tell Me whether it is safe to install link-removed Tool Bar on Windows XP

• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 9,262

GABRIEL36

ISP
DIALUP
Dear Friends, Greetings again. I am new to this section of the Forum, and i need Ojective and really good feedback regarding this matter. I need to know asap whether it is dangerous to install "The link-removed Toolbar" if you have a Windows XP - PC. Will it attract Computer Worms, Viruses, Trojans, Hijacker Dialers, etc ? I have been sent some Music Files through link-removed from the United States and hence need your feedback. Regards and Thanks in Advance,

u dont need to install the toolbar to download files from that site i think...

It is generally advisable to stay away from all kinds of browser 'toolbars', more so when you are more or less forced to install them to be able to use a particular service.

In the case of mega upload, there is a firefox add-on which does the job. Since it is available on the firefox addons site, I assume that it is safe. You can use this instead of installing the above toolbar.
link-removed SX.3.2

Again, stay away from toolbars of such kind if you want to maintain your sanity.

I absolutely hate toolbars. Even the google one. Can't figure out why people like them. BTW, the SEO info is scary. Time to ask the question what the hell is google upto.

heh if u start researching on what google is upto... you would stop using it at all. 🙂

Can't be worse than Hoover. But yes, it has too much power. Unable to figure out why the US govt. is not filing some antitrust case against it for having a near monopoly on the search-engine space. maybe they need to pass a 'Google' law to make that happen.

umm coz u cannot force anyone to use google?microsoft was sued coz they bundled their OS with their software. google does not have that kind of power. you use google because you know they have the best results!

I absolutely hate toolbars. Even the google one. Can't figure out why people like them. BTW, the Search Engine Optimization info is scary. Time to ask the question what the hell is google upto.
even i just hate those toolbars. whats more irritating is so many applications try to install google toolbar with it which is very annoying.