5G Wireless Network Update

Why companies want to move to faster 4G 5G standard?
Answer: Faster speeds burn through data caps faster. That means more re-charges and easier to gouge unsuspecting customers.

400Mbps 5G speed will finish off 1GB of data in mere 20 seconds.

^^^ Upgrading technology is always better. How it is commercially used is different matter. Many organisation who need high speed data would surely benefit from it. And as data consumption increases cost of data is also going down. I remember that just few years back we were getting 1GB 2G mobile data for Rs 250, and now 1 GB of 3G/4G data is available as low as Rs 50/100 (free from JIO 😀).

3GPP fully embraces “5G” with new evolutionary logo

Lykfz.jpg

Reactions: SVK
5G specs announced: 20Gbps download, 1ms latency, 1M devices per square km

The total download capacity for a single 5G cell must be at least 20Gbps, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) has decided. In contrast, the peak data rate for current LTE cells is about 1Gbps. The incoming 5G standard must also support up to 1 million connected devices per square kilometre, and the standard will require carriers to have at least 100MHz of free spectrum, scaling up to 1GHz where feasible.

Note that this is "adoption" meaning it will not necessarily be fast 😀

The Jio thing with Samsung I think they mentioned "LTE-Advanced-Pro" a new standard but not full 5G like I posted in the JIO section thread about "LTE advanced pro" standard. (3GPP Release 13 )

5G is a year 2020 launch standard, so any operators claiming 5G actually using "4.5G" tech at the best.

Last edited:
I remember same had happened with 4G as well. Some operator in my city (perhaps Tikona) had put 4G internet adverts 2-3 years back when 4G never existed. They were using Wimax technology which was never technically 4G.

Erm that scenario wasn't "a few years back",it was "a few months back",no one could have imagined virtually getting 60gigs a month for 500 bucks,and prices don't always come down,it's competitors like Jio which make that happen..