Nextbit acquired by Razer

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
Nextbit has been acquired by Razer, promises Robin patches through February 2018

According the the announcement on Nextbit's site, the Robin and all accessories are no longer being offered for sale. However, Nextbit will honor the warranty on all products for 6 months from today. Security patches will also continue rolling out through Febriary 2018. The company will continue operating as an independent company within Razer, working on "unique mobile design and experiences." It's not clear if that means smartphones, but I'm not sure why else Razer would buy a smartphone maker. Some quotes given to TechCrunch seem to indicate phones are still the plan.

So it's not being shutdown like what Fitbit did with Pebble.

Aww. I was waiting for Robin 2.

I wonder if Robin would now sell for dirt cheap prices.

20k on Flipkart right now. 10-12k would be a great buy. A bit risky as the warranty of 6 months starts from today even if you purchase it few weeks later.

warranty with most manufacturers is a joke in any case. as long as the phone works out of the box, i am good. would get a good case and a screen protector. if it gets down to around 10K before note 4 becomes available. would keep an eye on it.