Hathway Data Fraud

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,211
D

Deleted member 63558

I want to know if Hathway does Data Fraud as in showing wrong or higher data usage which is more than the actual usage?

My Monthly Data usage is more than the actual usage and they have reduced my Speed to 1 MBPS because of FUP.

Even I am experiencing same for past couple of months. Earlier my usage was around 20-30GB per month. Then I took higher plan with limit of 60GB, and it has crossed even that limit in January and February. Everyday it will show 3-5 GB of usage on the site. I recently tried to measure the usage by routing all WiFi connections through laptop (there are 3-4 android devices connected in the house). The usage of these devices didn't exceed more than 600MB per day, still on the site it showed 3+ GB. As a matter of fact, the usage from midnight to early morning was shown 1+ GB when no one would be using any devices. I changed the WiFi password also to ensure there is no external device connecting. I raised an online complaint for the same, which was closed in few hours. After that the usage seems down to 1GB per day, but yesterday again it was 2GB. I am getting sure that Hathway is showing incorrect usage.

@amitk75 send them email
Tell them you have been monitoring your data usage for few weeks and attach data usage for any day for proof.
They will allot you extra data and might stop this bullshit
My friend did this thing few months ago when he had 10Mbps 170GB plan, they were exhausting his data in 20 days and doesn't even download much
What is your plan anyway, there are offering a lot of data nowadays

I have a 50MBPS/ 60 GB Download per month plan. I feel its their strategy to make people opt for higher plan. I immediately got a call that I can go for a higher plan. I think its time to go for a router with Open-WRT or some other custom firmware which gives accurate usage monitoring.

@amitk75 are you using their plan from their site ?
Which city and how much do you pay ?

They are outdated and over priced, their sales guy give out free 100GB on every plan just so that you stick with them. They work on commission and they do anything to increase/maintain their number.

No need to buy extra router and waste money if only reason is to monitor your usage.
I will suggest you again to email them and attach a pic where you monitored your data usage for any given day and hell even lie and say that you have proof of every day for past month or two and they will surely compensate you