Contactless Credit Cards!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 4,677
From what I read, Rbi recommendation applied to all cards not just contactless. Banks are now free to allow upto 2000 transactions without pin at pos. Customer approval is needed though.
Approval from customer??? Apart from PIN

finally found a machine with nfc support here in gurgaon. got printer serviced and the service center had the icici machine recently delivered to them. i was incidentally the first guy with nfc card as well. worked fine. he initiated payment, entered amount, the machine asked for a card to be swiped/inserted/touched. we touched the top section and it was detected just fine. no pin was asked as the amount was below 2000 and it was all done. the guy was impressed. i was impressed. more places need to get this machine 😀

I used it too just recently at dlf phase 3 gurgaon, the payment was for 280. I saw the logo of contactless card and the terminal was of axis bank. I didn't touch or swipe or anything , just put the card over the machine (don't even have to touch, and machine detected the card, asked the amount and done! It was a great and awsm feeling and merchant was shocked. He was abt to tell me not to do it this way as card always have to be swipped inside or if chip then put inside. x'D

my new yes bank card also has nfc. and i found that several local stores have machines that support nfc payments. i have to tell them though. they have seen customers paying using their phones. but not many have idea about nfc cards.

Nice feature..but..what if a person loses wallet with 5 nfc cards? He might lose 2000*5 if someone misuses it.
Even though its a small amount for some..its a lot for many.

Then its a good idea not to keep 5 cards in your wallet.

I went to London recently and was able to use my StanC card with contactless directly on the metro and buses, thats pretty cool

credit cards can be used on international gateway without the need for password/passcode so there is always a risk with losing credit cards. all the information is right on the card for international online transactions. plus from what i have read, credit card companies offering nfc cards offer fraud protection till the nfc limit on these cards. personally, i like this functionality. but i would have liked it if a disable option was available. yes bank website lets me disable international transactions from their backend (haven't tried it so not sure how effective it is). nfc blocking if possible would have been nice to have.

because of the incident with domino's, i got a replacement card with a new number. tried it at a counter with nfc tap payment and it worked! tried it at a counter using my old pin number... did not work.

in comparison, my nfc enabled debit card from yes did not work on nfc tap machines till i once used it at a retail counter using my pin.