5 days to go and then good bye to Sify.

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,847

Suraj

Regular
This was my last mail to Sify's customercare.

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:34:46 +0500 (IST) Printer Friendly Version

Subject: Dissappointed with Sify!

Hello!

This has been a really really bad week for me and my sifybroadband
connection. I have my account due for an update in next 5 to 6days. But i am
thinking not to update since i am getting really badbrowsing speeds as well
as download speeds.

I am on a 128Kbps unlimited plan and i get speeds of 10 or 20 Kbps at the
max. Pages don't load properly or sometimes i get page not found errors.
Downloads take ages to finish or get stuck at some point.

I have given screenshots to your customer care representatives but they have
not been able to resolve this issue.(reference number: 2166241,
emailINTERACTID:1062048)

The customer care people said some sify executives will have a talk with me
and solve this issue, i don't know how thats gonna help me.

I am really dissappointed that i may not be able to continue with sify, will
check again on the 16th of this month whether the browsing speeds are good or
not and then think of updating.

I am forced to look at other options like MTNL DSL or probably Reliance
broadband, incase they provide it at my place, or i will be back to my good
ol days of DIAL UP.

Regards,

Suraj[/b]

I may actually be without internet for a long time.....just the occasional cybercafe thats all.

hmm....i think one of the email id doesn't work, then one is on autoresponse like he is gone to some vacation.

ah....well 16 could be my last post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
bhadhaiya

good for u mani think u can download more with dial up than sifyjust get the phone for internet plan and u can be on dial up 24/7 no call chargesits just 500 bucks

I have always used internet since last 10 years. I remember my first shell students vsnl text based limited 16 bit version of internet and huge telephone bills. Now we have all good speeds and good pcs available and we are still cribbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by GAURAV7777@Jul 11 2005, 09:43 PM
good for u man

i think u can download more with dial up than sify

just get the phone for internet plan and u can be on dial up 24/7
no call charges
its just 500 bucks
[snapback]15829[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, That works, I used to have it b4 I took a sify connection, I never got more than 3 KBps download speed with my MTNL dialup 🙁

what are u guys talking abtthese days land lines have higher reliabilityas mtnl is making them underground in some areas and in some areas nailing it to walls they are just really doing good wiring. in any case it has higher reliabilty than sifyand even if u connect at 33.6 kbps u get download rates of 4KBand u can be on dial up 24/7 with that so u can download 337 Mb in a day

actually at my home in panchkula, the phone quality messed up after BSNL got them underground.

well....i moved from that telephone for internet plan to sify when i shifted to some other location.Unfortunately MTNL still has not laid its cables here. I am scared to go to its exchange nearby, the place is called RABALE....and they have setup all the routers and stuff in a shed.I went there asking for DSL and they gave me a blank face. PRO wasn't there either.

wow this girl Shanti called up from chennai just a while back.......man her voice was really sexy!!!it was also really fun and entertaining talking to the sify engineer.....you guys all know what he did ask me to do.....same ol story clear cache, clear cookies, history, search for .tmp files using search.....blah blah blah.I kept my cool and thought it was so nice to have ccleaner around.