Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband 40mbps VDSL Migration

• Thread starter Thread starter Ras Al Ghul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 20,880
Can anyone please confirm what are the upload speeds on v-fibre plans?? I got my connection upgraded to V-Fibre and I'm getting 16 mbps down and 4-5 mbps up (Plan: 16 mbps).

For 16mbps plan it's 2mbps for 40mbps it's 5mbps.

Is anyone noticing unusually high data consumption after migration to VDSL?
I know at least 2 people complaining of their FUP expiring very early in the month, and thought it might be due to video streaming services. But after I shifted to VDSL, downgraded my plan to 4Mbps, and facing instability for half the month, I've run through almost 80% of my FUP.

I mailed them for disconnection coz its very difficult for me to work with 2 mbps now.
The girl said we can upgrade you to v fibre. for 999rs , 40 mbps + 45 gb + 10 gb + 100 rs discount every month. And 1000 rs installation of new modem.

I said instead of paying 1000 for new modem, i would be fine with 4 or 8 mbps for same modem.. She said even for 4 mbps i will have to take new v fibre modem. Could not believed what she said but eventually agreed for 40 mbps package she offered.

She sent confirmation mail with details, and said someone will call back for installation. But reading experience of people about installation not much optimistic someone will call soon. And on top of that beetel modem is a big turn off. Wonder if everyone having that beetel modem facing the disconnection issue ?

Last edited:
Guy came and did the installation of beetel modem.
New plan activated and getting speeds upto 42 mbps on ookla.
No disconnection issue yet, but its just first few hours, so lets see.

@ganesh177 care to share screenshots of wan dsl stats and modem's page (firmware version)

Yes account number was password

Yesterday been using from afternoon, it did not disconnect.
But in morning in disconnected thrice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since i switched to vfiber i am having problem accessing this site. All other sites are working fine.