Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband 40mbps VDSL Migration

• Thread starter Thread starter Ras Al Ghul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 20,873
Just put in a termination request 😛. Let's see if the finally agree to shift me to VDSL, else will have to request cancellation of the termination lol.

Anyone using the modem beetel 777VR1 ? Last week, I was upgraded to v fiber in Hyderabad. The field tech replaced modem with beetel. Then my internet started disconnecting frequently. Everyday I used to call Airtel 121 care and complained. Till now 3 engineers visited my house, still internet is disconnecting. Don't fall into prey just for the sake of speed. Finally I dropped the termination mail. Jio is also not good in my place. I wasn't allowed to moved back to ADSL which was very stable.

Nope most of first lot of users getting Huawei modems only. Better ask them to change modem if they ask you to reconsider cancellation.

So, just an update. Had mailed the nodal team about termination threat etc. Rather than anyone calling from the retention team, they went ahead and put the disconnection request lol. Time to now ask them not to cancel.

@salaxzar According to me, Retention Team calls only when you make cancellation request. It doesn't work simple way that you threaten them and they put you on hold and say... "Sir Sir....Mat katwao....Retention Team se baat kro" 😛

Within 24-48 hours you might receive the call. If you don't receive it within 4-5 business days. Call 121 and say "Har ek friend jroori hota hai" I mean, cancel your request of disconnection. 🙂

@tech_bng did you pay for the up-gradation that is Rs. 1000?

@tech_bng I got Beetel 777VR1 last month. Huawei modem is not in stock.

Sometimes, it does not get disconnected for few days. Sometimes, it gets disconnected multiple times in the day.

Speed (only on WiFi) varies a lot. Airtel won't replace it until we prove that the problem is with Beetel router.

P.S.: You should be able to go back to ADSL. Check the page where we registered for pre-book VDSL. I read it somewhere.

CC just told me that your area has been upgraded to Vfiber but speed has not been upgraded yet. What does this even mean? Still stuck at pathetic 2mbps

God knows what they keep smoking. Even after termination requests and what not, they come back and tell me that max speed available in my area is only 4mbps. WTF!! For the past 3 years, I have been receiving 8mbps lol

@wecaz. It isn't easy to go back to ADSL. I reduced to minimal rental plan and will use Airtel as backup.Recently I took ACT which is fine so far.

I emailed them way back in January, they said it will take 15 days. Still dont have a V-fiber connection. Mailed them again and they say they have already lodged the complaint and working on it. Sad.

Also I do have certain questions regarding V-fiber. Should i open a new thread or anyone available to help? New here.