How Is ACT Fibernet In Delhi?

ISP
Interdomain Routing
Hi Everyone!
Im new on this website and in desperate need of switching to a new ISP. Thought I would give this form a shot.
I am looking to get an ACT Platinum connection. Its 100 Mbps with an FUP of 150 GB, post 150 GB the speed drops to 1Mbps.

I would please request all ACT Fibernet users in Delhi, specifically South Delhi, to post their reviews and experiences so far.
How stable are the promised speeds? How much down time have you experienced? What is the customer care like? Can you game online and connect to foreign servers (specifically Singapore) with relatively low latency?

We just signed up for ACt Remarkable (300GB @ 100Mbps). They said the installation would be done within 5 days, so will report on the specific questions you ask probably next week. However, a friend nearby is quite happy with them.

@ vebk , Thank you for your quick response!
May I ask where you live?
And yes, please let me know about your experience with the connection. The remarkable plan is a bit expensive for me, and since im the only internet user in the household, Im thinking of getting the ACT Platinum plan.

l live in South Delhi (as does my friend). Yes, Remarkable is expensive if your usage doesn't require it. Platinum would more than suffice. With multiple people using Netflix etc. in my house, we need that kind of a plan.

Thats great! 🙂
I would also really appreciate it if you could ping a server in Singapore using PingPlotter after you get the connection, because I play League of Legends and ever since Cyclone Vardah, the ping with my ISP has been at a constant 200 - 250, and it used to be at 80 - 90 ping before.

Ok, so pretty positive experience so far. Installation was done in 2 days (though I couldn't use it as I was out of town). Some initial hiccups with speed, but as it turns out that was in fact with my router settings. Get solid 100 Mbps down and up now (i.e. to the last mile). Here are my results:

With Airtel:
Delhi Server:
u7AGDjb.png

SanFrancisco Server:
OIETKTj.png

With ACT:
Delhi Server:
8gicpPD.png

SanFrancisco Server:
5ArXuem.png

Did they provide you with an ONT router or is it ethernet coming to your home, directly plugged into your WiFi modem/double NAT?
Also, do you need to login once you restart the router or is it plug and play sort of thing like AirTel/MTNL?

I declined taking a router from them and choose to use my own. They basically provide an Ethernet cable connection which you plug into the WAN port of your router.

Once you put the PPPoE settings in your router, you don't need to log in anymore and it works seamlessly. But if you don't put the settings, their portal opens up each time and you need to log in.

@vebk can you do a quick test on fast.com and also some european servers over speedtest.net (like sweden, germany, france)...?

Currently not in town but fast.com initially gave me 7.5Mbps. But I suspect it would be more now, consisting that Netflix video loads in 1 second now as opposed to 7-8 seconds with Airtel before.