Aadhaar Number is basically being pushed as a replacement for Pan Card

Seems complicated. Aadhaar case lawyers recommend entering a dummy number and then submit your return manually with a cover letter stating that you were forced to enter a fake number because you do not have aadhaar, but you are legally bound to file your IT return and aadhaar is not mandatory for filing returns as per the supreme court order and the website is not letting you file it without it.

Source

Source

Theyre using the same dirty tactic they used with adhaar ie keep on pushing multiple deadlines so that people will enrol for fear of losing out their funds and then after 3~4 deadlines almost all people will have enrolled and not many people will care

Source

the message seems to indicate that aadhaar is not mandatory for people who have not yet applied for it.
for the rest, they basically ask you to get help from the courts... because they seem to be running the customer care center for this country.

And how do they verify/confirm that the tax payer has an Aadhaar ID, before refusing to accept the tax returns without Aadhaar?

so went to ca earlier today to file my it return.
the system as expected rejected the return without aadhaar.
i asked him to file it using 1111 1111 1115. he advised against it. suggested that i wait for the judgement even if it comes after the july 31 deadline.

zDjwxNb.png