Aadhaar Number is basically being pushed as a replacement for Pan Card

Somebody should take the GoI to human rights court for mental torture. Few weeks back the citizens had to worry if they can get their own money from banks to eat food....now they have to worry about being prosecuted by tax department 😵

I am actually panicking if I can link Aadhaar to anything at all. My full name has an initial and a middle name also. In PAN the initial is missing and they have merged first name with middle name, in bank account the initial is at the end, for mobile Airtel has got my name itself wrong. I am wondering if I should legally change my name with First Name and Surname same lol 😀

right. from what i have been reading, your pan would not connect with your aadhaar. you would need to get it updated to exact name.
connecting with sim should be easy as i do not think name matching is required for that.

I just received an email from Mutual Fund utilities stating that if I want to open a new folio - I MUST provide Aadhar card details.

Funny thing they do mention about supreme court order and yet making it compulsory!!

Here is the copy-paste of related paragraphs.

Look how they interpret order --- that order is only for existing users and NOT for new users.

The last date for mandatory submission of Aadhaar in respect of the existing mutual fund folios / accounts i.e. folios / accounts opened up to 31st March, 2018, has been deferred till further notice as per Supreme Court directives.

Effective 1st April, 2018, an investor, investing for the first time in a mutual fund i.e. having no existing Folio / Account therein, is mandatorily required to submit Aadhaar at the time of opening Folio / Account with that particular Mutual Fund, else new Folio / Account will not be opened with such Mutual Fund.

Ofcourse this move doesnt make any difference to me. As I am existing folio holder and have already linked Aadhar (sadly)

so someone tweeted that aadhaar is no longer mandatory field while filing it return.
can anyone check if that's true?

same. this shit has been happening since dec last year. canara bank plain refused mutual fund portfolio without adhaar

Last edited by a moderator: