Airtel vfiber (VDSL) upgrade pending forever. What to do?

• Thread starter Thread starter AgentX
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 7,681
I too heard the same. They are going to relaunch 75 Mbps and 100 Mbps plans and the only way to serve more customers is by deploying fiber till distribution point.

Finally upgraded a month later after posting this thread (total of 4 months since Nov when modem was installed!)

iuXWMoO.png

6060245550.png

Engineer said that they're converting local street boxes with Fiber (instead of copper like it is now) and we can expect higher speed plans later in the year but for now they're trying to do whatever it takes to go head on against ACT and Cherrinet. At the speed it took them to update my connection, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to lose more customers.

I'm not so sure of stability but will update or create a new thread in the future.
Are they going to install new wires from exchange or area office to the local street boxes?

They already started digging up old wires in my neighborhood (usually happens around 10pm) and by morning they're all gone. Have only seen it once but I don't know how fast or how much they're doing. The guys doing the work do not like to talk too for some reason so I couldn't get any info out of them until the engineer who fixed my connection today said it.

To be honest, this upgrade process was painful. At least 5 different engineers showed up at my place randomly throughout these 4 months and couldn't figure out why the heck it isn't working. Nodal and Appellate aren't useful either, why keep generating new ticket numbers instead of following up on existing one?!?