Formula-1 News and Updates

I thought Hamilton was a bit defensive yesterday. He has got the ability to push the car to its maximum. He couldve easily overtaken Nico Rosberg But a little mistake would cost him his Championship. So he slowed his pace in the end... But it was a good race for him too... Defensive and yet powerful to keep his championship run in his hand...and about the Night Races, I am very excited with this new style. I hope more and more night races come up next year 🙂 But not in street circuits.. I dont like street circuits... exceptions: monaco... valencia was a disaster :wall:

I am literally not interested in street circuits at all😡and partly i am not interested in night race too

Ferrari aims to dominate showdown

Monday, 29 September 2008 12:09

Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali says his team is targeting a hat-trick of one-two finishes in the remaining races in order to beat Lewis Hamilton and McLaren to the world championship.

Hamilton edged seven points clear of Ferrari's Felipe Massa after the Brazilian's disastrous Singapore race, where Massa only finished 13th thanks to a pit calamity, a penalty, a puncture and a spin, while Hamilton took a cautious third.

Until the race was turned inside out by an early safety car period, Ferrari had been looking very strong - with Massa pulling away in the lead and his team-mate Kimi Raikkonen closing fast on second-placed Hamilton.

However with Massa's evening falling apart in the pits and Raikkonen later crashing out, Ferrari came away with nothing, not only allowing Hamilton to stretch his points advantage, but letting McLaren slip one point ahead in the constructors' championship.
Ferrari aims to dominate showdown - F1 | ITV Sport

As Stefano Domenicali said unles massa finishes 1st in all the 3 races its going to be very difficult for him to win the championships.........:S.....as for as ferrari 1 & 2 its really going to be tough but not impossible

well real hero was nico rosberg... had that 10 second stop-go (total around 30-35 seconds delay) not been there... he wud have been winner but he still managed to stay ahead of lewis till end.but as they say... ppl just see end result.. so he has not been considered.

agreed but still the winner is winner but i also agree that nico also did a brilliant job yesterday.......For him also the SC period helped......he was not stuck in the traffic when he was awarded the penalty but still he drove brilliant 3 laps to pit in for the penalty and came ahead of DC and LH.......:thumb:

ferrari must be dreaming of getting 1-2 finishes in any of the remaining races. let alone all of them.

Partly i agree that SC rules needs to be changed but the current SC rules makes us intereting as some thing different happens and we cant also predict who will be the winner if the SC car comes in.

Regarding the street circuits i am not at all interested except the monaco one...........i hope in the future in f1 races no more street circuits are included....

Montezemolo blasts 'safety car show'

Tuesday, 30 September 2008 16:29

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has attacked the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix, saying it is “humiliating” for Formula 1 that the race had to be enlivened by a safety car.
Montezemolo blasts 'safety car show' - F1 | ITV Sport

Team bosses praise Singapore success

Tuesday, 30 September 2008 00:00

A number of Formula 1 team bosses have praised the organisation and execution of Formula 1’s first ever night race held in Singapore last weekend.

The grand prix, which was held on a floodlit track in front of huge crowds, was widely heralded as a great success with none of the pre-race concerns, such as power failures or rain, becoming a problem.

BMW’s Mario Theissen was among the most expressive plaudits, dubbing the event the highlight of the season.

“Another spectacular chapter was added to Formula 1 history in Singapore on Sunday,” said Theissen.
Team bosses praise Singapore success - F1 | ITV Sport

India to skip opening race of new A1GP season😡
01 Oct, 2008

NEW DELHI: It was a race against time that A1GP has lost. To assemble 25 cars on the grid in Zandvoort on Sunday, just 45 days after the A1GP Powered by Ferrari car passed its crash test, was always going to be an ambitious ask. Unfortunately, India is one of those teams that will not be racing this weekend. Team India confirmed the developments on Tuesday.

"As you are aware, for the new season of the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport, A1 Team India planned to participate in the opening event at Zandvoort on October 4-5, 2008. Due to circumstances beyond the control of A1 Team India, there has been an unfortunate delay in the ‘build programme’ of the new A1GP cars, and the Team India car has been affected. As a result, the team will not be able to take part in the Zandvoort race," CEO Andaleeb Sehgal said in a statement.

Driver Narain Karthikeyan, who was in the UK, is on his way back home. The series set itself a tight schedule with less than 11 months to design, build and test the new car and make sure all the teams received identical machinery. Any delay in the schedule was always going to impact on the ability to deliver to all the teams.

The first round of the 2008-09 at Mugello was moved following a delay in the ‘build schedule’ of the new chassis.

After dashing rumours that the season opener in the Netherlands could be non-points race, as at least five teams aren’t expected to receive their cars in time to compete in the event, the organisers have announced a revised points system, reducing the advantage for teams that are participating. Now, the championship will count each team’s best nine scores from 10 rounds. Every nation will be able to drop both the sprint and feature race scores from their worst event.

"With the recent change of the points scoring system that allows a team to drop its worst event score, India’s chances of challenging for the World Cup of Motorsport title will not be adversely affected by missing the Zandvoort event. The situation we find ourselves in is unfortunate, but the morale of the team is high and we are focused on competing at the next race at Chengdu, China and through the rest of the season," Sehgal added.

This week’s test at Snetterton, scheduled for October 1-2, will now take place on Thursday and Friday, with the first practice session (which has been extended to one hour 50 minutes) taking place at Zandvoort on Saturday.

India to skip opening race of new A1GP season - A1 GP - Other Racing - The Times of India Racing: Latest F1 and other motor racing events, news and updates

india wants to host a formula-1 race in 2010. that is already delayed to 2011. and the country team cannot even get a car to race in the first A1GP of the 2008-9 season.

India is not fit for hosting Expensive Sports... Even in the Singapore GP, roads were uneven and had lots of bumps... Now in India, F1 car will jump upside down in street circuits 😛

i think SC was needed as Piquet crash had thrown too much debris on racing line.