Complaining in PG Portal for Airtel connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Dummy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,295

Dummy

Noob Webmaster
For many years we (association) not able to get Airtel connection for our street. Every time we get a response saying "Due to technical issue we are not able to give you a connection. But the sad part is, adjacent street people have Airtel. Does a complain in PG Portal help us to get a connection?

Our street is hardly 200-300 meters from main road and 500-800 meters from adjacent street.

not sure you can complain when you are not even a consumer.
plus airtel does not give connections when they cannot guarantee quality of service. so if they give you a connection and service is bad... you would complain more and then they would be liable to provide solutions that cannot be provided because they just weren't ready for you.

it's likely the cable operator in your place is not allowing them to lay down underground cables. airtel is known to pay bribes to lcos and other local bodies so that their cables are not cut accidentally and otherwise.

@Sushubh I see, i wrote to Nodal and Appellate regarding laying underground cables. As road work is going on in our street. But they also said sorry Airtel is not technically feasible. Sad part is, they proudly show our street is feasible in their area coverage page with upto 16 Mbps feasible 🙁

Last edited:
Yeah, the coverage map is not accurate. I guess what they meant by not technically feasible is non availability of Distribution Point in your street or the distance from the DSLAM to your home is simply greater to provide a stable connection.

@manojrk Yes, i finally understood that and now i have stopped hunting for Airtel for a while. But association are looking for a reliable ISP, as ACT did a big blunder due to cyclone vardah.

umm..the public grievance portal is for complaints against government organizations, Airtel being a private organization doesn't fall within their purview. Apparently it costs airtel a lot to dig up roads and lay copper cable, if you have sufficient demand then you can probably approach the company and ask them to lay lines at your locality too after assuring minimum number of connections

Last edited:
umm..if a private organization is not following the standards set by the government for eg minimum broadband speeds then a complaint will lie to the government (PGportal), i doubt if a complaint to department of telecom can help sort out contractual issues between a private consumer and private companies like airtel, reliance viz. issues like billing, non-upgradation of speed, and also issues like unavailability of service due to no infrastructure.

Obviously if it were MTNL or BSNL then a complaint should lie in all cases.

right. my complaints were mostly related to stuff that is part of regulations created by trai. speeds and uptime are both covered by trai documents i think.

@cyberwiz I mailed appellate and nodal personally to lay new cables as our street is undergoing road work. They said sorry it can't be done now. And me and 1 or 2 are interested in Airtel which makes it difficult to fight for 🙁

Today suddenly got a call saying, my area is feasible and 40 Mbps plan is available. Are you interested he asked, i said not now. I will call later and get the connection. Did that because i was cheated thrice. (I didn't complain in Pgportal)