• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,986

dejan

Regular
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I received offer through phone call from a HDFC person for a credit card. And he even guided me through the online process, what to fill etc But sadly my application was not approved online because I had applied in the past 2-3 months(had applied before without choosing the right options). I want a credit card to buy an iPhone 7 from my own expenses. He confirmed that it was because I applied before in 2-3 months and asked me to apply again in 6 months. If I apply again in 6 months, what kind of credit card will I get if I even get approved? My mentioned salary was 15000. What will be my credit limit?

i am confused. now you have a salary. in the other thread you said you were a student.

also if you do end up getting a credit card, you would probably get a credit rating. which means you would probably end up on the watchlist for income tax department. i am assuming you already have a pan card.

Yes I have a PAN card. I just mentioned salary because the telecom guy asked me to. Did I do something wrong? I'm desperate for a credit card. That's why I selected as he guided me. Infact I don't even have a job. I get monthly transfers of about 15-20k a month from dad's account, which I classified as my earning in application

well lying on a credit card application is something a lot of people do. i was more saying about your comment in the other thread that you are not worried about income tax department because you are a student. if you have a pan card and a credit card and now that you have a kyc Paytm account... you are pretty much included in the list of people who are monitored by the income tax department.

as for credit card, i think the easier way out would have been to get an add-on card attached with your dad's card. assuming you would be ordering the iPhone 7 online... you could have easily used a virtual card generated by apps like icici pockets or airtel payments bank app. they would work on most online stores. would have saved you the hassle.

So transferring money from my dad's account and mentioning it as a form of income is a crime now? x'D

Also I just posted the IT department thing just for the sake of it, I don't even know a shit about it

Last edited:
one piece of advice i would give you. make sure your dad knows whatever you are doing with your own identity financially. this include getting credit cards in your name.

So I can use ICICI pockets card as credit card for EMI also? How does that work? Do I have to load balance in it before making payment? Then how does that make it different from a debit card?

Then you're wasting my time. My official age is 19 as per my documents. And I'm not eligible to get Bajaj FinServ as its for 21+. I am eligible to open a 1000 bank accounts in India. Why would I spend 50,000 pocket money to just get iPhone 7? Do you think I'm a son of some rich politician? What would be the benefit of getting a card that doesn't have EMI?

Just go to a good shop that sells mobile on finance. Show them your passbook and tell them that you get salary of 15k each month and the required documents and cheques. They put each cheque every month so that the amount is directly deducted from your account. This is one of the most simple and easy way for you.

Even if you did get a credit card, I doubt that it'll have a credit limit of ₹60,000 or higher. My father has had an account that he primarily uses with HDFC for over 15 years, is a 'Classic' customer and still has a credit card with a limit of only ₹75,000.

well if you reach the card limit regularly then they do tend to increase it over period of time.
I started with 30k limit on hdfc and within 5 years reached 3lac limit. Never offered to increase it after that because I was not able to reach even remotely close to the current limit.

Even if you dont reach your limit you can ask them to increase the limit, if you dont have a lot of late payments or defaults they do increase it. In this case I am talking about SBI credit card gold something

Well if u ask for limit increase then income proof need to be submitted however if they offer(done by their system) then nothing needed.
Yep paying whole amount on time is foremost requirement.