Hathway Torrent Speed - Bad Torrent Speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,665
I have also have been getting slow speeds on torrents for Hathway recently. I have been using hathway for 3 months now and now for the last couple of weeks the torrents do not download, utorrent doesn't show any speed.

I will have to renew next week and I am wondering if I should renew.
My location is Kolkata (Salt Lake area), any other information needed please ask.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Don, I'm using Hathway myself in Salt Lake. Last month, I downloaded several movies and they all worked pretty well for me. After reading your post right now, I also tried downloading OITNB and that, too, went pretty well. I seem to be getting full speeds. I have a 10Mb/s connection, so I am getting around 1MB/s on most well-seeded torrents.

Here's the most important thing, though: torrent files are blocked on Hathway. You need to use magnet links to download torrents, and they work absolutely fine. At least, for me they do.

You can read my detailed Hathway review here, it has been stellar for me for almost a year now, so until Jio Gigafiber comes with something really lucrative, I'm not going anywhere. 🙂

In case you're really into torrenting and still unhappy with Hathway, you may look at Alliance. Their new plans are much better than than their older plans, with even higher torrenting speeds, so ask your LCOs about it. But personally, as I said, I'm really impressed with Hathway, and have been recommending it to everyone - cousins, friends, neighbors hehe. 🙂

Last edited:
@View From The Top The issue is not torrent downloading or torrent speeds but rather "all torrent downloading & all torrent speeds".In my earlier post I already explained it but I will repeat it again.Open uTorrent & in the bottom status bar see the number of nodes in front of DHT.In Hathway connections it will be showing Zero nodes meaning DHT network is not working on Hathway connection.Now that is not an issue for new/popular torrents like OITNB as even without DHT such torrents can easily discover a lot of seeders but for older/not so popular torrents DHT is must for downloading as well as speed.

To make it even simpler here is a comparison:

uTorrent on Hathway 50mbps connection(DHT not working & showing 0 nodes):
-- dead tinypic image removed --

same uTorrent on same system now connected to a 3g data connection(DHT working & showing 240 nodes):
-- dead tinypic image removed --

@View From The Top , @guest123

Thanks for your feedback.

guest123 is correct it seems that the the DHT was not working. Which is strange as I had been using it for 3 months and it was working fine until a few weeks ago.

The good news is that it has started working again since last weekend and I am able to torrent without issues. I have gone ahead and resubscribed to Hathway.

Thanks to all for your support!