1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

How to completely and properly shut down Paytm Wallet account?

Discussion in 'Services' started by Sushubh, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

Paytm continues to send me automated responses. Right now, trying their call center number to see if that helps. Has anyone here successfully shut down their Paytm account?

2. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

tried three different routes through their maze of flowcharts. still could not reach a human being. if someone finds a way, please post here the flowchart.

3. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

[​IMG]

this company cannot make up its mind on what a user can and cannot do with his own account.

4. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

5. amish

amish Star gazer
    Regulars

I am yet to receive response to my requests via Paytm.com/care

Even I would like to know how to cancel / delete account.

6. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

the response i seem to be getting is that... account cannot be terminated. at best, it could be locked. you can just take your money out and request for account lock to prevent any misuse or something. tried all the routes yesterday, only got conflicting answers that further highlights the problem with the way Paytm is dealing with launch of payments bank. if i was looking for another reason to get out, this is a good one.

7. pujaari

pujaari Newbie
    Regulars

So , what do you plan to do aagey?..i'll just follow suit☺️

8. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

even payumoney had told me the same thing. they can lock my account but it cannot be deleted. so the only alternative left is to buy a new sim. and request for transfer of account to that sim and discard it.

well. my wallet now has zero money. i have sent multiple mails asking them to lock/block my account or whatever they can do. i have removed the app from my phone. i have removed both of my cards from Paytm backend. i have delinked Uber and jugnoo both of which had direct access to the account. i don't know what else i can do. would update if i get responses to my lock/block requests today. but i do not see any way they would let you delete your account completely.

9. amish

amish Star gazer
    Regulars

Reading Paytm blog of 6th December.

I think they have clarified few things

That they will NOT open a bank account.
    Just the ownership is wallet is changing

They created mess for themselves by confusing all users.

10. Sushubh

Sushubh Administrator
    Moderators Regulars

they are intentionally misleading users. in the same blog post they claim that all accounts would be migrated. and then they say wallet would continue to operate as it is doing right now. in response to my mail they say that if i do not want a bank account, i should contact them with my bank account details so that money can be transferred and my account shut down. and then they tell me account cannot be shut down but only blocked.

i mean what the hell does this tweet mean?

Source

i am guess they want to indicate that Paytm payments bank would also provide wallet type functionality. but that is not a digital wallet. that is a bank account. stop pretending that there is no difference between the two.