Can i put one more LNB in existing Tata Sky DTH dish

• Thread starter Thread starter panks2611
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 25,634

panks2611

ISP
Airtel
Hey all tech experts1)Can i put one more LNB to my existing Dish and watch some free to air channels which is not available with TS and may some international FTA channels from satalite.2) Do i need to put same STB or need to buy a different STB allthogher for watching these channels3) Any idea where can get LNB & STB in pune and what wold be the cost for the same

Hey all tech experts
1)Can i put one more LNB to my existing Dish and watch some free to air channels which is not available with TS and may some international FTA channels from satalite.
2) Do i need to put same STB or need to buy a different STB allthogher for watching these channels
3) Any idea where can get LNB & STB in pune and what wold be the cost for the same

yes. you can use the Dish to watch other KU band channels , just have to buy KU lnb and also one FTA digital STB which will cost around 1000rs . ku lnb will cost 190rs

Replace the Lnb u got now with a double or a quad Lnb. u need to get a different stb to watch the other channels becoz TS stb wont allow u to scan for channels. Plus u can get only the FTA channels from the sat where the dish is pointed.

Replace the Lnb u got now with a double or a quad Lnb. u need to get a different stb to watch the other channels becoz TS stb wont allow u to scan for channels. Plus u can get only the FTA channels from the sat where the dish is pointed.

no. .he wont get any FTA channels if he puts dual lnb.. he needs to purchase new lnb and put it beside this lnb and can enjoy DD DTH FTA channels and few from dishtv also sometimes when they go FTA.

Is that i can only get DTH channels (like from DD or Dish ) or i can directly point my LNB to any sattalite (lets say Hot Bird-8) and get free to air channels from them too

Is that i can only get DTH channels (like from DD or Dish ) or i can directly point my LNB to any sattalite (lets say Hot Bird-8) and get free to air channels from them too

hotbird, it depends on your location and also dish size.

Hi,
If yiou need to add one more LNB try dual KU-Band LNB. Also you have to get FTA (650/-) receiver.

There is no FTA channes in Tata Sky (83 deg) location. You can get DD-Direct for that you have to turn your dish angle.
Also tell me which channels you are intrested to watch ? so as to guide

Sorry Dear you wont get hotbird-8 in india with ku-band..as the satellite is below horizon. Try to buy a 6-feet C-Band Antenna with dual LNBF. you will get french, russian, italian, protugese channels...All these you will get in Asiasat-2 and 3S.

Hi,
If yiou need to add one more LNB try dual KU-Band LNB. Also you have to get FTA (650/-) receiver.

There is no FTA channes in Tata Sky (83 deg) location. You can get DD-Direct for that you have to turn your dish angle.
Also tell me which channels you are intrested to watch ? so as to guide

u dont need to turn ur angle to get DD DTH.. just can set to the same angle .

u dont need to turn ur angle to get DD DTH.. just can set to the same angle .

Hi Great Man jjvj,
DD Direct is at 93.5 deg and Tata Sky is at 83 deg. with out turning the angle i bet you can't det dd direct in tata sky direction.

Am getting 6 satellites with 2 dish antenna. using 5 Multi LNBF. getting all international channels

see you can use trhese options but at a time you will be able to watch only one either Tata Sky or other FTA if you use small dish antenna and every time you have to rotate your dish....but with bigger dish and KU band LNB and FTA receiver you can see bothe at a time.

Hi Great Man jjvj,
DD Direct is at 93.5 deg and Tata Sky is at 83 deg. with out turning the angle i bet you can't det dd direct in tata sky direction.

Am getting 6 satellites with 2 dish antenna. using 5 Multi LNBF. getting all international channels

:hysterical: .. First tell me the bet?

your countdown starts now

see you can use trhese options but at a time you will be able to watch only one either Tata Sky or other FTA if you use small dish antenna and every time you have to rotate your dish....but with bigger dish and KU band LNB and FTA receiver you can see bothe at a time.

If you have 6 feet dish, you can set LNB's so that all the following satellites can be viewed

Tatasky (83 deg), ST1 (88), DD Direct (93.5), Zee Dish (95), Asiasat 3s (105.5)

with multiple KU-Band LNB's. so that without moving your dish, you can watch all these satellites.

:hysterical: .. First tell me the bet?

your countdown starts now

am telling with 60 cms's dish it's not possible to trap both tata sky and dd direct. if you have bigger dish 120 cms or 185 cms you can easily do.
am now getting tatasky, zee dth and dd in 180 cms dish without rotating.
my bet is you have to prove it in 60 cms.

yes.. it is possible with 60cms dish... i hope you read the thread and my posts in this thread properly. now where did u disappear? what is ur bet?